Most embarrassing, highly cringable,

mark m uk

lol: Victor, Hornet, remember those comics?

Comics eh ? That is so 'last century', but they had their rightful place in social culture and were a prominant part of most young peoples lives..........eventually they died out and were consigned to the collectors shelves, ....but what about that last gasp of the genre, the 'final fart of the ferret' - worst comics ever made were the 'photo strip' format, an act of desperation.

Some of the titles from the 50's and 60's were determined not to go down without a fight - here is one that should revive a few memories.

Eagle comic, ..................How dreadful is this ?

Now imagine admitting to your kids that you were the model that played 'Maddocks' :lol: ...........how embarrassing is that ? ....and would you admit that, or keep it quiet ........

scan0007-8.jpg

scan0004-5.jpg

scan0005-8.jpg

scan0006-6.jpg

Umh, Digby looks a bit different from how I remember him.

Must have been the start of trying to be PC. Are the Stars of David an attempt to counterbalance the flag?

Stars.jpg

Yep, not so far off 30 years ago - my, how time flies!

Hadn't noticed those stars befor - you could be right.

Eagle used to be 'parent approved 'comic, What was the other one,

Yes & for girls there was Girl, for smaller ones the bi-gender Swift & much smaller ones Robin.

I remember having the first edition of Rocket which didn't last terribly long. It played on space stories & modern stuff like that & the patron & supposed editor was none other than Douglas Bader.

• 2 weeks later...