Scrappage Scheme

woa2

I was watching a TV programme about the Car Scrappage scheme, and there was a piece about an old driver who had traded in a early 1950s Riley for a BMW Mini. Fortunately the dealer had realised what was happening and a Riley enthusiast bought the car for the £2000, allowing everyone to be happy and the car to be saved.

My question is, has anyone heard of an MV being traded in under the scrappage scheme?

:( friend told me about a lightweight landy , but there was nothing that he could do to save it , he also told me that a lot of the cars that are coming in for the scrapage scheme are in great condition a lot with FSH ,,,, Also been told of a lotus just today , somehow its been tucked out the way in a corner under cover , so looks as though it might be saved

Personally, I think the Government Scrappage Scheme, is an absolutely ridiculous idea:nono:,....but then again, it was thought up by who? -oh yes, of course, the government:n00b:

I disagree. It was set up by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, and it increases the sale of New cars. Who benefits? The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, of course.

Ooops, this is getting Political. Better stop. Best lie down and think of my Ford V8 for a while....