H licence

best was to drive defensible is to drive a tank YEAH !!! something about those lugs on the end of the treads that keeps the other vehicles just that little extra away from the vehicle .:shocked:

Ok and the fact that if they dont you likely wont feel much of a jolt as you flatten what ever gets in the way :cool2::cool2:

• 1 month later...

Yet more good news - I finally have my "H" license back after all this time!! :D:D:D

Took mine with SVT up at Beccles in Norfolk today and passed with 2 faults - I forget to switch back out of reverse into forward after the reverse around a corner and I clipped a tyre on the second time around a round-about.

What was an even bigger buzz was the examiner told me he was so impressed with my driving that he sent me around a second time. Unfortunately that is when I clipped the tyre :embarrassed:

I'm just happy I got my ticket back so no complaints from me!! :D:D

Another lesson learnt is I will avoid CVR(T)'s like the plague in future as I really don't fit them! :-)

The two vehicles in use were a Scorpion and a Sultan. Getting out of the Scorpion literally took me 30 minutes (I jest you not) and when driving I could not see the controls at all. Sultan was better but still the best part of 10 minutes to exit in a rather inelegant way - at least once in I could see the master I/O switch, instrument panel and controls though.

Now all I have to do (he says laughing) is take on VOSA over the registration business - and win!! :cool2: :cool2:

Stone,

There's nothing too complex about driving a CVR(T), and once you get used to it a 432 feels clunky and slow.

Chris

Very easy to drive, the first time I drove a CVR(T) (or two of them) was off the back of a lowloader... you're very trusting Chris :nut: Must say I was a wee bit nervous sitting in there with the idiot instruction sheet Chris had provided me with.. once I'd worked out how to get them in reverse it was easy after that :D

Very easy to drive, the first time I drove a CVR(T) (or two of them) was off the back of a lowloader... you're very trusting Chris :nut: Must say I was a wee bit nervous sitting in there with the idiot instruction sheet Chris had provided me with.. once I'd worked out how to get them in reverse it was easy after that :D

Same again this year please Lee :D ...they are booked on the low loader again.

Congratulations, good luck with the OT :)

How easy did you find transferring your 432/OT experience to a CVR(T)? They look a bit complex for me :nut:

Stone

Not too bad - my biggest issue as those who know me can imagine was lack of space! :) Scorpion was a no-hope affair, at least on the Sultan I could see the controls and reach the handbrake!

If I had any issues at all it was the gear change for the first day, but once I got the hang of kicking down to go up and up to go down it wasn't so hard though. I still prefer the OT out of the three types - no neutral turn ability unlike the CVR(T) but it will spin on one track which the 432 won't.