Russian trucks.

berna2vm

Hi all...

Does anyone else think that it may be nice to have a 'Russian vehicles' section because I suspect that more than a few of us have a penchant for them.I think all military vehicles are cool and some of the former Warsaw Pact trucks are as cool as anything made in the west.... Just a thought.:)

Yes indeed, dearest Eastblock, but I think that the Soviet vehicles do have a valid place in this forum. A Zil 157 for example has as much historical value as a Reo or an RL .... These were enemy vehicles back in the day and it is strange to think that I would look at silhouettes of them, they were the ones to fire at!!!

Thankfully since Glasnost etc they are now our comrades.I think they are very interesting and capable pieces of machinery.

Guest Yin717

I think it's a good idea, alot of decent military vehicles were designed by the Russians, especially during the Soviet reign.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I guess that vehicles from behind the iron curtain aren't considered of historic importance on this forum. Nor do French, Italian etc. vehicles seem to be catered for. Perhaps the HMVF name is a bit misleading?

They are certainly interesting.

Howeven French, Italian etc. seems to be rare so hardly anyone has one to post about.

BTW, there is a Acmat owner here who does post.

Just not enough topics for a seperate board.

Russian/Eastblock vehicles are more prevalent.

• 3 weeks later...