Stalwart fuel tank sender unit

Anyone know if there is a source for/a commercial equivalent to the fuel tank sender as fitted to the Stalwart Mk 2?

Part number from the book is:

LV6/MT1 6680-99-813-9730 Transmitter.(TM113/000A)

As may be read on the restoration blogs - mine was seized solid when we took it out - I've spoken to Richard Banister already but he is unable to help this time.

Pending a replacement being found/unavailable Lee is going to try and refurb the original one as he took it apart and got it moving.

What we don't know for doing this is what the resistance readings should be for full and empty so, again, if any one knows what these should be it would be appreciated!!

That looks very similar to the one I have on my Scimitar (Reliant, not Alvis!).

the only difference seems to be in the shape of the mounting flange. The wire arm with the float on it looks pretty home-made. Do the two brazed together wires run all the way to the float, or does the one coming from the sensor stop short?

That looks very similar to the one I have on my Scimitar (Reliant, not Alvis!).

the only difference seems to be in the shape of the mounting flange. The wire arm with the float on it looks pretty home-made. Do the two brazed together wires run all the way to the float, or does the one coming from the sensor stop short?

IIRC - the one linked to the sender stops short of the float - and vice versa.

neil the top section with six holes looks like the ones out of the 24 volt landrover bot with a diffrent length of wire arm

is it worth trying to make a repair out of a landy one

Which series Dave? The ones on my Series 3 look nothing like this one I'm afraid :-(

Right now - Lee managed to free up the original and it is apparently working OK. Getting hold of a spare if possible seems like a good idea though!!!