Information Required.

ellard

Hi there all

Its only my second post on the site - but I am after some infomation regarding a series I Land Rover Restoration.

I believe the vehicle may have been used at Woomera durring the testing of the A bomb era. The vehicle is a SWB (soft top) in reasonable good condition for its age but the front guards have been painted yellow.

Being Woomera was a predominately a British area I was hoping they may be some pictures around - no harm in asking

I was told the following infomation:

These scheme was applied to vehicles used in the atomic tests programme to denote possible contamination. The vehicles were deemed safe to use, but not necessarily safe for the REME to work on - if they broke down then they were left unrepaired. This yellow would be locally applied over the existing paintwork.

I also have another vehicle from Woomera being a 1958 Fire Engine - the vehicle is in very good condition for it age - achievieving only13000 miles in its life, I will post pictures later.