Fv432

plainmilitary

Hi Tony,

I've made a start......

http://www.fv432.co.uk/wwwfv432couk/registerpages/wherearetheynow.htm

If anyone who has any of the 432 family please let me have a picture, military regstration and rough location, so I can get them included.

It makes you wonder what happen to all the ones that went trough the tenders. Makes you think that people just bought them on a whim, something has gone wrong and thats it they get forgotten. Or they were broken up for parts for the coporate driving etc.

The other problem is just the logistics of them, to actually get them to a show. Mine only went out once this year, just can't justify the costs of transporting.

By the way count Dave P and I in for the Plains 2010

Regards

Dougy

Dougy,

I think most of the ones which were tendered went to corporate events companies, or were broken for spares. Tanks A Lot have over 30 of them, and have broken some up. Marcus Glenn was also breaking them for spares. Both of mine went to a tank driving place, http://www.tankdriver.co.uk/ - they were 08EA79 and 03FA68.

Chris

Thats what I thinking of Dougy, the amount of 432s built after 1962 and only 150 - 200 in private hands. So somewhere there must be a stockpile of Swingfires, Green Archers and much more. I know there are a fair few on Salisbury Plain, sadly these are hards and in no fit state of restoration. An idea I have come up with is, as the FV432 is reaching its 50th in service birthday. I thought maybe getting as many different types together on the ranges for a bit of a shinbig.

Just a thought.

Tony

PS Got you both down for the weekend.

Didn't think they fitted the Green Archer to the 432 only the Cymbeline :confused:

If you see the latest MVT Windscreen magazine, there is an article on RA Locating equipment, it describes Green Archer on a FV432 , also the old Profile booklet on FV430 series has a photo of it on 03DA19:coffee:

Edited by Richard Farrant
added info

If you see the latest MVT Windscreen magazine, there is an article on RA Locating equipment, it describes Green Archer on a FV432 , also the old Profile booklet on FV430 series has a photo of it on 03DA19:coffee:

Is there any GA versions about in private hands or museums or is it just the Cymberline vesion left??

Is there any GA versions about in private hands or museums or is it just the Cymberline vesion left??

As GA was phased out when Cymbeline came into service, I guess these FV436 ( to be precise ), probably ended up as range targets as the hull had been cut down at the rear. There is a trailer mounted GA in Firepower.

Nice snaps Lee, what day did Harry go? I was there on the Thursday with a few Plain Military guys.

I'll have to check with him... it was the day the Apache's weapons system went down... & the EOD had to clean up in front of the stands when the Automatic 40mm grenades only managed a few yards out of the barrel:sweat:

Sounds about right, the Apache moved in on the target but never fired a single round the day we went.

Must be the same day Tony... It landed behind him... he has some photos of them poking about in it... Now he has his GCSE's out the way I'll get him to post some photos up in a new thread..