Hello from Hertfordshire

Eastblock

Hi All,

My name is Michael and I live in Hertfordshire. I'm from Denmark but moved to the UK in 2005 after 4 years in Germany. My main interest is in Russian vehicles and I have a 1961 Gaz69M which is on the road and a Uaz469 which needs a lot of work before it will be roadworthy. I also have a couple of bikes, an Ural and a M-72 awaiting assembly.

I'm looking for a pre-1960 truck because I can drive that on my car license. I quite fancy a Simca Marmon (SUMB). There was a flurry of them on Ebay but none have appeared for the last couple of months.

.. judging by a few people I have spoken to from this site quite a few Military equipment owners in the county as well...

I haven't come across any but then I haven't taken my Gaz to any shows. It would be nice to meet up with some other MV enthusiasts though.

Edited by Eastblock

Damn, I checked on Jane's. I'm not having much luck finding a truck I can both afford and drive on my car license:cry: Although I took my license back in 1986 it is a Danish license with no entitlement to drive vehicles above 3500kg. It is currently with the DVLA and I should get a UK license in the post within a week (fingers crossed).

There is a very nice 1955 Gaz63 for sale in Poland but I is likely to get sold before I can scrape the money together for it.

Michael

welcome to the forum Micheal it seems like hertfordshire is becoming a rather busy place fo mvs lately whereabouts in Herts are you based? I am in Rickmansworth and as regards local shows there is a classic vehicle show just up the road from me in a couple of weeks

Nigel

nice and local then,sunday 20th september classic vehicle show including Scammell gathering in conjunction with carters steam fair on the green in Croxley near Watford,there is often a few military vehicles at these dos,regulars include my m20 a couple of jeeps and dodges ,military scammells and a bren carrier,let me know if you decide to go and perhaps we can meet up

Nigel