My L1A1 SLR's claim to fame!

paul connor

My friend who works for EA (electronic arts) computer games CO. Has just borrowed my L1A1 SLR for sound effects on a new game! so all SMG and Shot gun loading and cocking sounds will be from my SLR :)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/angels-fall-first-planetstorm

How cool!!

http://www.affuniverse.com/home/images/ARTgallery/index.htm?detectflash=false&

Im quite proud in a strange way!

I would of thought EA would have a masive sound library... recording a gun "clicking" sounds a bit like the old BBC radio plays... they didn't ask you to wear your boots too & do a bit of marching on a tray of gravel:coffee:

Edited by Marmite!!

We have semi auto SLRs over here..FN Fals from EVERY country-Israeli, Canadian, South African, Brazilian...

And they fire real bullets :) ( I truly feel sorry for you gents who do not have the ability to own live firing weapons)

Comes of you being citizens and us being subjects, Oh don't get me started! :computerrage::beatenup::box::angry

Its for cocking sounds, as my old Spec SLR sounds great when you cock it. And also the sound of the mag going in and out. The gun shots themselves are allocated already.

It is a futuristic fantasy game! hence it does not have to sounds like an SLR.

EA do have huge librarys of this sort of thing. But they want something new,hence my friend who does all the sounds/samples wants my SLR. As he heard before and loves the metalic sound of the bolt opening and closing :)

I look forward to seeing the final product, Im sure SafariSwing will be playing the game for ages! hahah

We have semi auto SLRs over here..FN Fals from EVERY country-Israeli, Canadian, South African, Brazilian...

And they fire real bullets :) ( I truly feel sorry for you gents who do not have the ability to own live firing weapons)

Ah. But we can fire live weapons. If we have the appropriate licenses............

000_0447.jpg

000_0442.jpg

The use of firearms was seriously curtailed in the UK after the Hungerford and Dumblane massacre,s. But It is still possible to own and use firearms as can be seen by me above.

You have the right to bare arms written in your constitution. Nothing like that ever existed in the UK

You have the right to bare arms written in your constitution. Nothing like that ever existed in the UK

Mark, Thats because we live in a free country??

(As long as you shut up & do as your told. AND, put your hand in your pocket & cough up when told to do so..... AND, smile whilst doing it!!!!) :???

Mike. :coffee:

Ah. But we can fire live weapons. If we have the appropriate licenses............

The use of firearms was seriously curtailed in the UK after the Hungerford and Dumblane massacre's. But It is still possible to own and use firearms as can be seen by me above.

Heh - try going and telling your local Firearms Officer you want your certificate endorsed for an L1A1 SLR.... Don't forget to take a cam-corder along to records the varying colours , expressions and noise he will go through before handing you the "Derriere Velocite"..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Heh - try going and telling your local Firearms Officer you want your certificate endorsed for an L1A1 SLR.... Don't forget to take a cam-corder along to records the varying colours , expressions and noise he will go through before handing you the "Derriere Velocite"..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I think you mis-read my post neil.

It's about time a lookalike .22" version was manufactured.

They do clones of MP.5's & M.16's, AK47's ETc.

There was a conversion kit for slipping in a fullbore 7.62mm Rifle but this will not count as you cannot covert 'down' to a lower catergory of Firearm.

You can convert up though!

I examined a .22" Prototype SLR once at a Military Auctioneers where my Father was the Firearms cataloguer. Very interesting, made from the word go as a .22" and NOT coverted. It went for fifty quid, which was cheap, though in the seventies worth about £120 buying power today.Shame I was too young to have a Licence then!

Mike

A .22 SLR copy :nut: Put me down on the list for one! I have a SMLE number 2, these are .22 versions on the SMLE No1, they were made as .22 for cadet and training use.

Tony,Were you aware, that THE No:4 was also made in .22 LR? It's called a number 7.

Originaly made for the R.A.F I belive & magazine fed.

There is a company in germany that is making these .22 clones.

IE: H&K MP5 semi-Auto's. They get Metal bodied Airsoft Guns and graft thier internals into them.

I know that Star make a metal bodied SLR.............:whistle:

Be in no doubt though, IF, you modify or manufacture a similar item.

It WILL have to be UK proofed & put onto an F.A.C!

MIKE. :coffee:

Having a .22 SLR would be like having a bottle of Vodka, only to find somebody had filled it with water.

True or least unde 1%. Still drink enough :-D The .22 Ensign is based on the Lee action, standard single shot military competion rifle. supposed to be retired next year. Not bad comsidering the Lee action was first adopted about 1900.

Edited by Marmite!!
Quote tags

There's the No.8 as used by the ACF... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No.8_rifle

Very true Lee, I inspected & repaired thousands of these too!

Although this Rifle has a Lee (Enflield) Type action.

It's not a Look-a-likee of an H&K, M.16, AK47, SLR Etc. Which I think this thread was generally following. :-D

By the way, how's the 25 Pdr comming along!

Ive' got a look a like of one of those too, but it only fires matchsticks!

Regards:Mike. :thumbsup: