Stratford Armouries show

Just got back from Stratford Armouries show at Stratford upon Avon. It's the first show of it's kind at this venue and I have to say that it was a really nice informal show.

You get a ticket that entitles you to 4 free tee/coffee drinks a day and a free burger from the barbe. The site has (so I've been told) 26 acres more than Beltring. The field we were in was next to the Armouries main building, that has an assortment of exhibits (and free entry to exhibiters), toilets, restaurant and bar. On the Saturday there was live entertainment. They also had clay pigeon shooting for £5 a go. There is an air strip next door where gliders were winched up all day long.

There is another field reserved for track vehicles and the owner of the land told those guys they could use it as much as they wanted and at any time. They had a dug out and trench system for WW1 re-enactors.

I have to say that I really enjoyed this show, and speaking with members of the public, most had never been to a show like this before. The owner was very approachable and was working all weekend getting his hands dirty. The staff were great and the free drinks and burger were very welcome.

If any of you live a decent travelling distance to this event, give it serious consideration next year as the facilities are excellent. There was a professional photographer on hand who would take photo's on request of your vehicle and it was up to you whether to purchase the prints (done there and then) for £10. He has a website and is going to upload pictures of the event in the next week or so, so pop in and have a look. The address is http://www.event-pics.co.uk/index.html

It was organised by the Birmingham and West Midlands area of the MVT and the show was called the Green Machine Weekend. I would like to thank the organisers for a great show and look forward to next year.

Edited by LoggyDriver

yep,

echo LoggyDrivers thoughts, not long got back myself (piccys to follow, am off to bed) Met PopTopShed (was set up next to him, coincidence?)

Its got all the makings of a great show.

All the best

Mark

Edited by chevpol

I had a lovely weekend, Loggy sums it up nicely. Nice to meet Mark and see his great display of kit.

We had great fun with Garys 432 in the display field. Talking to people viewing, really enjoyed seeing it and the CVRT's strutting their tracks.

It has all the making of being a great show. I will be back next year.

ok folks, as promised, a few piccys to wet your appetite, the rest coming soon to a fotopic site near you!!!!

As Loggy said, there were gliders being launched from the next field, and one of the comments overheard was " they letting that cable come down near the cars?" I also saw a early release, a brown trouser moment for the pilot if ever there was one!!!

I had quite a few comments about my display, mainly thanks for bringing back memories, didnt think anybody cared for this era.

Enjoy

Mark

2009_07170013.jpg

2009_07170021.jpg

2009_07170024.jpg

2009_07170040.jpg

Edited by chevpol

I had a lovely weekend, Loggy sums it up nicely. Nice to meet Mark and see his great display of kit.

We had great fun with Garys 432 in the display field. Talking to people viewing, really enjoyed seeing it and the CVRT's strutting their tracks.

It has all the making of being a great show. I will be back next year.

Good to read Garys 432 is up and running well

Big Al

Good to read Garys 432 is up and running well

Big Al

Yes, it's running very well. My missus loved having a cabby in the back and has the bruises on her back to prove it!!!:rofl:

Got a 5min video on the camera of the 432 in action.:cool2:

Well Chaps,I too was at Stratford Armouries,Camped near the main building with the Anti Aircraft Gun.I spent most of the weekend taking the public for FREE Jeep rides around the 80 acre site.

The site has the potential to be a premier event in the Midlands due to it's location and amenities. It was mentioned the possibility of putting on 2 events a year one to start the season off and one around August.

Sorry I didn't get chance to meet other forum members but was very busy working to make the public enjoy themselves so they will come back next year!!!.

Considering it was only 5 weeks from concept to get that amount of MV's there was commendable.Looking forward to a bigger and better show next year

Regards

Steve

Well Chaps,I too was at Stratford Armouries,Camped near the main building with the Anti Aircraft Gun.I spent most of the weekend taking the public for FREE Jeep rides around the 80 acre site.

The site has the potential to be a premier event in the Midlands due to it's location and amenities. It was mentioned the possibility of putting on 2 events a year one to start the season off and one around August.

Sorry I didn't get chance to meet other forum members but was very busy working to make the public enjoy themselves so they will come back next year!!!.

Considering it was only 5 weeks from concept to get that amount of MV's there was commendable.Looking forward to a bigger and better show next year

Regards

Steve

I saw you doing sterling service all weekend.:-D

I did hear they were thinking about 2 shows a year, but I think some were trying to put him off as it might get too familiar. Has anyone spoke with the owner of the site to see what he thought of the show? A guy i know, Ian, was supposed to turn up with his M35A2 from Poole, but something must have happened as he didn't turn up. I reckon 100 vehicles there would make it a show to book early.