what do i have? Dodge WC-51-USA 3/4Ton 4X4 Weapons carrier

WC-51

what do i have? Dodge WC-51-USA 3/4Ton 4X4 Weapons carrier

well long story...

my mates father passed away aprox 1 year ago, he finaly got the ok to sell the house so i went round to give him a hand with the clean up. we new he had this in the garage but didnt no much about it, i know a fair bit about classic muscle cars but nothing about theese. aparantly his dad had the car for a long time and spent a heap of money getting it to this stage. its been fully resprayed including underneath,all repairs were done properly, interior has been al retrimed, the back has been all remade in wood (eh tool boxes and that) it has all the parts to finish it off, i think just a few things need to be put on...

the wiring needs finishing, the rear tailshaft needs to be put on, and the exhaust still needs some work... the paint and body looks imac...

my mate doesnt really have anywhere to put it, and i dont want him to keep it outside so he is going to sell it as he doesnt have the time, skills or money to finish it off...

from what i can tell these had a dodge 6 in them this currently has a rebuilt holden v8 motor in it

i just dont want him selling it to the first guy who offers him cash as both of us have no idea on its value, or how rare it is etc etc

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
Edit image tags

Well you know what it is, and it's very tidy, not really a fan of the engine change though.

Since it is down under you probably need to investigate the FOR SALE and SOFTSKIN sections of the Maple Leaf Up forum;

http://www.mapleleafup.org/forums/

Probably best on E-Bay though, given the circumstances.

Gordon

The sterring wheels on the wrong side as well! How was that done?

You find a lot of US military vehicles in Australia converted to RHD, it is because they would not register LHD vehicles, not sure if that is still the policy, may vary between states. Have come across Studebaker US6 and jeeps converted. Looking at a 2 1/2 ton M series 6x6 once and the steering column had been cut below the dash and wheel moved over, with a roller chain between them !

These conversions were carried out late-1940s on by civilian owners and can be either very well done or rough. There were plenty of D15-T222 / D60-T110L RHD military Dodges to yield steering column parts for them.

I was told it was only in some states, started post-WW2, and now is not a requirement, but the value will depend on how well it was done.

Again, there was a thread about this on the Maple Leaf Up Forum, and that's probably the best place to get an idea of value too.