Posted (edited)

Hi Paul 

I would imagine it’s similar to when I registered my gpw, go on the dvla website and ordered a V55/5 form , get it insured and get it verified by MVT , not necessarily in that order.

Edited by 67burwood

Hi Paul,

I have done a few vehicles now, when i asked for the V55/5 they sent instructions as to what I needed to fill in. Of course the first time I got this wrong, but a very nice lady from DVLA walked me through the form. even corrected my mistakes. :) 

The biggest help was the Tank Muesum libary  at Bovingdon as the paperwork I had was incomplete, something I didn't know till I engaged with MVT and DVLA.

Only took 4 months, but I got my V5

Moral support from the people of this forum did keep me sane so if I can be of help

Hi Paul,

You need to get a letter stating date in service from the Tank Museum. It’s probably easier to use the military registration number for the VIN since there isn’t one or a hull number stamped anywhere. Then it’s the usual registration process.

Chris