Diamond T 969 A and 968 for parts

Absolutely still looking for the Tri-Master roof vent mechanism John, just let me know the cost, postage to Scotland please !

Neils, it looks like both those trucks may have the vents on :)

All;

I just acquired a 969A and 968, both closed cabs. Lots of good parts. I think Gordon was looking for a roof ventilator?

Let me know

John G

hello john, i am looking for decent drivers door, can you help, thanks, regards, andy.

• 4 weeks later...

John,

I have an early 969 hardcab with the civvy gauges.

Looking for

- left door handle.

- early style guages

- a good solid hood (mine is riddled with rust)

- inner door handles and window winders

- auxilary air fittings

Regards

Jack

All;

I just acquired a 969A and 968, both closed cabs. Lots of good parts. I think Gordon was looking for a roof ventilator?

Let me know

John G

Hi John

do you have the small window which is in the back of the cab? ideally i need the glass, rubber seal and the protective mesh.

also i see on an older thread you managed to find the correct adjustable towing chains for the wrecker. could you tell me were you got them from please? as i have looked on ebay and at war & peace and haven't had much luck yet.

many thanks sam

I can give you the rear window, you cn use it for a pattern to have a new one cut. Neither of the parts trucks have the rear mesh. I have provided a link to a website that is reproducing the rubber parts you need

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/partsforsale/diamond-t/unspecified/1563618.html

The gentleman's name is Tom Warren

John G

Jack;

I have both driver's and passenger window winders and interior door handles for the early trucks. They have your name on them. I have a decent hood, however, shipping could be expensive as I would have to crate it so it would not be crushed

I have a decent drivers door, no dents, but the bottom is rusted through. I will post a picture within the week.

John G

thank you for your replies John

i have found sources in the UK who can supply the rubber and the glass which is good so the protective mesh is the key item to find, may get lucky.

$861 to ship the chain to the UK hum may have to think about that before committing i think.

cheers sam

Sam;

That shipping price seems high. PM your address and will check on shipping from me to you on the tow chain, it weighs 85 pounds.

John G

Mmm I have always thought that shipping from the US to GB to be high. I sometimes feel that we are being bent over the barrel.

Unless of course the vendor's really think that GB is in another Galaxy, I sometimes think that postage prices are quoted sooooooo high in an attempt to keep the parts over there.:undecided:

:undecided::undecided:

• 2 weeks later...
Jack;

I have both driver's and passenger window winders and interior door handles for the early trucks. They have your name on them. I have a decent hood, however, shipping could be expensive as I would have to crate it so it would not be crushed

I have a decent drivers door, no dents, but the bottom is rusted through. I will post a picture within the week.

John G

Thanks John.

i will take the inner handles and winders. I have good doors but the outer left handle is broken in half. They are the curvy types. Cancell the hood. I think the freight cost will be prohibitive and I can channel that money into repairing mine I think. Any of the Gladhand air fittings I will take that you have as well as any gauges. I also need the steering column mounting bracket. My truck is converted to right hand drive and that bracket is missing an a foreign bracket fitted. I want to return it to LHD. You can contact me at

madness20241@hotmail.com

thanks

Jack

• 2 months later...

Took advantage of the good weather and removed the cab from one truck and also the engine/transmisson. The engine is going to a new home. It helps when your friend has a mobile service truck with an air compressor and a cutting torch (gas ax) and we also had a forklift.

As anyone who has worked on a 969A knows, I do not think you can remove the engine and transmission as a unit, certainly not if the cab is still on!!. We removed the cab first, then the cowl and used a gas ax to notch out the frame on the passenger side. We actually removed the engine from the drivers side as the forks on the forklift were not long enough to removed it from the front as is the way it was down in the factory and for field repairs

John G

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

• 4 years later...