You should be ashamed of yourself!!!!

MiketheBike

If it takes you longer than two weeks to restore an MV, you should be ashamed of yourself!!!

I just watched salvage squad and they restored a Centurion in two weeks, so why is it taking you guys soooo long to restore yours! :-D :-D

I think Nick Meade played down his talents just a little bit, even to the point of claiming he did not know what AVRE stood for. He must have been biting his tongue for most of the filming ;-)

I NEVER believe anything on TV.

They just "happened" to find the two missing links from the track, that just happened to be held together ready for the links to be inserted....I bet thats happened to you guys before?

Its was good to watch, in a "reality TV" sort of way. I did watch the Comet restoration later...now that was good.

Maybe if we're very lucky Richard Notton will tell us all the inside story of the Stalwart restoration from "Salvage Squad" :evil: :evil: :evil:

Best not get me started. . . . . . . . . . .

Anyway, quite a lot on my plate currently with the final organisation for the Overlord Show, stuff coming in from all sides now. . . . . . . .

Best not get me started. . . . . . . . . . .

Anyway, quite a lot on my plate currently with the final organisation for the Overlord Show, stuff coming in from all sides now. . . . . . . .

One of these days I'll get down there!!!! Complete with Stalwart!!! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Talk about not believing what you see on TV. The BBC did a programme last year called 'The Queen's Cavalry' which told the day to day life of the Household Cavalry my favourite subject other than tanks. One of the Cavalry tank crews were asked by the film crew to 'cam up' one of the 'wagons' to see how effective their skills were. The camera crew lost the vehicle!! When the vehicle crew eventually revealed the vehicle they were asked to tone down the 'cam' so the folks at home could see the wagon (Scimitar). Makes you laugh...

Mick

You guys with your Stallys' will have to tell me what is the down side of owning one in Civvy street. When we had them in Germany as part of our support element in our heavy armoured role. There was never a down side thanks to our hard working, ever smiling REME lads.

Mick

PS I know about the obvious oil well, etc.