Drive it! :-D

Matt - this answer it for you :

Your route details

To: IP13 9LL,Framlingham

Distance: 233.0 miles

Time: 4 hr 20 min

.........and that is in a car!

Jack,

It is 200+ miles from here to Beltring. I've driven the Ferret there several times and other people from this area (and further north) drive GMCs and other vehicles there and back. Get some Roadsure brakedown cover (I'm sure you can get a deal) fill it up with petrol and drive it there. I bet it would work out cheaper than a low loader.

Chris

Hi Jack,That no excuse! Just set off earlier :-D :evil:

Matt.

:evil:

Here is some math;

1. Fuel needed - 58.5 gallons (can't price it until Gordon has worked his magic on Wednesday) just to get there and back and does not include convoying.

2. Average speed 25 MPH = 9.32 hours driving there - not building in any rest breaks.

....donations and drivers welcome :-D

Here is some math;

1. Fuel needed - 58.5 gallons (can't price it until Gordon has worked his magic on Wednesday) just to get there and back and does not include convoying.

So approx 300 quid for a fun weekend in the country :-D

How much have you just spent on that lump of scrap iron to go on the roof of the jimmy.

Whoops, sorry....................... meant to say gun ring :oops:

How much have you just spent on that lump of scrap iron to go on the roof of the jimmy.

I bet that will increase fuel consumption, maybe he should remove it for these long road runs?

A low loader is going to cost an awful lot more than £300!

Chris

I bet that will increase fuel consumption, maybe he should remove it for these long road runs?

That is a good point Chris, perhaps I should take it off and put in the back until I get there and then put it back on?!

Remember :

A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes.

Yeah - you should of seen the cost before I applied the above :roll:

A positive attitude mate...It's a catalyst...a spark that creates extraordinary results - you should lead your life by it.

Done that too.

You should of seen how many miles it was until I applied the above - have managed to the cut the mileage in half!

Hello, Jack I'm ashamed your not keeping your Dorset end up.

LPG would be an idea??

Or what about a DPM goped?? all the rage :-D :-D

No more whiskey then ;-) :-( that will fill the tank :-D :-D :-D

Hardyferret (helpful to a fault)

Here is some math;

2. Average speed 25 MPH = 9.32 hours driving there - not building in any rest breaks.

....donations and drivers welcome :-D

From Derby to the Dorset Steam Fair is just over 200 miles, as some on this list know my brother and friend have regualy taken eather my Saladin 'and or' Saracen for the week. Even at 4mpg, its still a lot lot cheeper than a low loader. All it takes is 10 hours with stops.

Go for it, drive it, it'll be fun :-D

Jack,

You drive it half way and i'll sort the rest out. Get it to South Mimms service atop of the M25 and get Annie to follow you in the car. I will do the same with Suzanne and get this museum piece on the move.

Just a ditty for you. In 1996, I got up at 6 am and drove my GMC 353 from Marlborough, Wiltshire to Aylesbury, Bucks - about 70 miles. Had a buddy follow me up and was back home in Marlborough for lunch..................Then, I got in brother Neil's GMC after lunch and drove it from Marlborough, Wiltshire to Woolpit in Suffolk, just shy of 200 miles. I was there in time for the BBQ at the Woolpit Steamfair and arrived in daylight!

Yes I was tired, yes I was rich (Had sold two trucks in one day!) and yes I had a bloody good day and was full of sense of acheivement!

Would I do it again 11 years older and wiser - Bloody right I would!

Cds