BEF 25mm Hotchkiss Gun

This is the latest addition to my collection,it is already restored and still in live firing condtion.It was made in the Hotchkiss factory Paris in 1934 and as the story goes due to the lack of 2 pdr's in production before the outbreak of WWII the War Department invested in a hundred or so of these to make up numbers. The majority went with the BEF to France and were lost but a small number were left behind to train Home Guard units.

I will post some better pictures of it when I can but my intention is to collect ALL of the Anti-Tank guns used by the British army throughout World War Two,I already have the rarest one which is a good start ! :-D

Rob.......................rnixartillery.

I have just got off the phone from the chap I bought the Hotchkiss gun from and he tells me that they have had it in there possesion since 1946 and he guarentees me that it is ex-British contract and survived because it was used by the Home Guard.............................Very Nice !

Rob...................rnixartillery.

Just one at the moment Phillip, they are not very common over here but I think Patrick pics them up from time to time over in Belgium.

Rob...................rnixartillery.

That's right , you can find them here as a common item on fairs and shows !

The gun itself , never knew one for sale !

I've got a round , marked : Hotchkiss -Paris - 1934 , early type

Very easy this one,all I had to do was pick it up ! I would prefer to buy an unrestored Gun but unfortunately I dont have many to choose from. condition does reflect price though .

Jeff.

I am a licensed Artillery collector,I have no intension or aspiration to fire any of my Artillery.

This I made quite clear with the Home Office when applying for my licence, I am happy just to walk around and admire them. ;)

Rob.....................rnixartillery.

Oh my, they seem to grow on trees there, here's another one for sale: http://www.midwestmilitary.net/RRHotchkisssale.html :D

Yes ,they are as common as muck, particularly the ex British ones ! :D

Hanno, on another note I bought an item a couple of months ago that I think you might find interesting.Its on a slow boat at the moment but when it arrives I will pm you,Keeping this one private I think but there is only one in the UK at present.

Rob......................rnixartillery.

Edited by rnixartillery