War and Peace/Beltring 2007 Convoys

Tugger

I felt it might be useful/fun/nice/picture-esque/a waste of time (delete as applicable) to also post convoy messages in this thread for those heading to shows and events... safety in numbers 'n all that.

well...

Any one else heading towards Hop Farm from Suffolk on the Tuesday 17th July?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grrr, damn you with your time off and armour justifying superior arrival times, lol

Is there much to keep you entertained for the extra days before it kicks off?

Knock a pikey off the bike or watch one being chased with a bit of tracked is good entertainment..

Relax and Chill out :roll:

Always can do recce's on the stalls as they show up as well.

Go for a swim (recommended if its as hot as last year)

Tweak the vehicle a little before the onslaught of the arena

meet some of the people you should be meeting but never manage to get the time to do so during the show :whistle:

So all in all plenty to do really :evil: :evil:

Paul, where are you thinking of setting up this year? Same place as last year?

Lowloader for Saladin, Fox & Ferret, driving Landrover with generator on tow & the MOBAT is going in the back of a Stolly ;-)

In - or On - the back of a Stolly ;-) Be glad to assist ;-)

Somehow I don't think we could lift it up to get it IN the back so I guess you mean hooked on the back??? You have, of course, got a 24v lighting board??

Anything else you want to throw in the back - might as well make the use of that space to & from!! :-D :-D

I never did take you up on that drive of your fox last year Lee, is it still on this year :dunno:

Sure is..get in it before the speed limits are in place & get in that areana before they start messing with it, not forgetting the Pikey chasing.. those mopeds don't arf go fast when being chased by 6 Tons of Armour..

we always go down on the saturday before & spend the first few days chilling out & watching the show grow, it is so much better to look around before the public days & have a relaxed beer or two. it makes sense to have a good break if we are spending 6 hours driving to a show.

we leave around 1am to arrive just after 8am & stop 3/4 times on the way.

berni

Snap we are getting there on the 7th I do believe

Couple of questions for you.

Last year we turned up on the 14th to get a decent spot. Went in the America's field which was all pegged out. Asked the marshalls where we could pitch up and was shown a map that had all the spots taken. We were hoping to get an edge spot but no luck. We asked how we could book a spot and were told "I don't know" :roll:

If the marshalls don't know who does?

When is the earliest we could go there. I wouldn't mind going along and maybe helping out a bit if needed.

Any info appreciated

Cripp

We get there on the 7th or there about if you come down on that Saturday which is the 8th I think, there are people already marking out as I used to do all the poles are there in buckets you bring some tape and signs and pitch where you can, but bear in mind that there are people like Ginger Gammon who always goes in the same place etc. but there is usually someone who will let you know.

wasn't any stakes last year until very late.. we supplied our own which had disappeared by the time we had got up on the Monday after the show.. :dunno: Don't forget that if you peg out & come back a few days later don't be surprised if you have squatters, your plots a lot smaller or that someone has nicked your stakes for their own area :whistle:

i avoid the edges like the plague as most of them are near the water & the amount of mozzies & other biting flying insects are soo annoying :argh:

another reason i avoid the edges is because that is the route most people take when driving round so you get everything covered in dust :banghead:

Berni