GMC 352's

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Joris, I am just lucky in that I can drop straight onto my work when I get a bit of free time inbetween other projects, or I tend to stay on at work in the eavenings.I will keep the pics coming as and when take some.

Howard

• 1 month later...

Hi every one I hope you have all had a good Christmas, I have a small up date for this blog, I managed to get part of the underside of the trailer blasted and in primer today. I am hoping to get some more done on Friday.Should be able to get the primed area in drab tomorrow. well thats it for now.

Howard.

IMAG0774.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well heres a bit more of an update on the semi trailer. All of the underside is now blasted, primed and in drab. The inside of the trailer has also come on well. The toilet room is all in, the kitchen worktop with sink, fresh water tank and water heater is also built in. The table and seats are also in, and also is the bulk head seperating the sleeping area from the living area. There is still plenty more to be done.Are put some pics on tomorrow. Thanks Howard

hi there got to say thats a really great job you have done on the GMC and what an unusual motor full marks mate and good luck with it, I am new to this web site are there any shows in essex or generally in the south I would love to get to one this sumer. cheers mate fredm

hi there got to say thats a really great job you have done on the GMC and what an unusual motor full marks mate and good luck with it, I am new to this web site are there any shows in essex or generally in the south I would love to get to one this sumer. cheers mate fredm

Hi Yes there are lots of shows about, in Essex, and suffolk as well as the rest of the country, and of course there is the War and Peace show in Kent.

Cheers Howard

Hello Jorris

Here are some of the pics of inside the trailer.There is still some work to do, but I am over 3/4 away through the build, all of the wiring is in, its mainly plumbing in the water and gas supply, and to prime, undercoat and top coat the inside.

Regards Howard

DSC00066.JPG

DSC00067.JPG

DSC00068.JPG

DSC00065.JPG

Edited by HWade

Hi N.O.S

It does look like drying out plaster, but its actually the colour of the ply wood. No wood burning stove fitted, I have not decided on the heating yet, I may go for a diesel heater, but its insulated so well,I dont think It will get to cold.The alcove area on the step frame will be the sleeping quarters. and the table and chairs also double up for a spare bed as well.

Thanks Howard

Hi N.O.S

No wood burning stove fitted, I have not decided on the heating yet.

The important thing is that Howard has most definitely got his priorities right - I'm installing the domestic water softener tomorrow morning, so that regardless of what hot water and heating system he chooses, it will be protected from the high concentration of calcium and magnesium found in the hard water of East Anglia and the shower head will not scale-up.

You've got to hand it to these Suffolk boys...........they just don't like to rough-it when staying away from home!

I have read the posts with great interest, you are doing a fabulous job, its great that we have people who posses these skills........ otherwise we would all be looking at photographs only. I always find museums something of an anti-climax, at the shows you can see and HEAR these machines being put through their paces. Keep up the good work, fabulous stuff.

For those of you that are following the blog, not to exciting but here are a few more pics of the inside of the living trailer.I managed to get the woodwork primed and some of it under coated. I still have not decided on the colour of the top coat, although a light grey may fit the bill.Thanks Howard.

DSC00074.JPG

DSC00073.JPG

DSC00072.JPG

Hello Degsy, yes thanks for you kind words, you were not the first person to be a bit dubious about building the tractor unit, but now that it has taken shape and represents something, you and other people have been quite inspired they way that it has turned out.Well all the best I will post some more info as it gets done.

Thanks Howard

Well I worked later tonight and have now given the walls one coat of top coat, colour being Magnolia.I hope to get second coat on early tomorrow morning.I have also managed to get the vent in the side wall for the 3 way fridge.I will take some pics tomorrow.

Thanks Howard.

Hello Gents thanks for those kind words, I will post more as when I get other jobs job. I have doors to make and a battery box for the 12 volt electrics.Also have the toilet and shower room to paint out.

Thanks Howard