Getting there!

Rangie

Hi Folks.

Getting there at last with my Landie 2a Ambulance.

I gave my chassis number and everything else required to Gaydon's Heritage Motor Center and for a small fee I'm getting my Dating Certificate. No longer a 1974 taxed 2a but a 1971 tax-free machine! Ha Haa!

Query one:

As I understand it:

1. I now have to get the bugger MOT'd with the chassis number as the registration

2. Insured using the chassis number

3. Then take the MOT, Insurance Cert and Dating Cert to my local DVLA office who will issue me with an age-related plate free of charge and a nice free tax disc!

Am I correct so far??

I assume afterwards I will need to get a revised MOT and insurance cert with my new Registration number??

Next query for you boffins :D

There has to be a way to trace its military history through its Mil Reg 06FL90

It was demobbed from the pool TMP Thatcham in September 98.

Whats the procedure to do a bit of research?

Any help much appreciated!

Alec.

They may still want to make an inspection themselves, but if not you should get the paperwork then and there.

They should also give you a permit to have a set of number plates made. Without the permit plate makers should decline to make them.

I would have thought the record card shoiuld be at the RLC Museum, Deepcut Barracks.

Edited by antarmike

There has to be a way to trace its military history through its Mil Reg 06FL90

It was demobbed from the pool TMP Thatcham in September 98.

Hi Alec,

If your vehicle was demobbed from TMP Thatcham, that means that it would have spent the last part of its service life there, but for how long. TMP is Training Materiel Park, a bit like a van and truck hire centre, when a unit requires more vehicles for a scheme, to stand in for one off the road, etc, they were drawn on a loan basis from TMP. This means all kinds of units may have had it for a short time, but the would not have applied their unit markings, at least not normally.

I assume afterwards I will need to get a revised MOT and insurance cert with my new Registration number??

The DVLA office will note the new reg. number on the docs you hand in, and return them to you. At least that is what has happened whenever I have registered a vehicle.

Good luck and be polite but firm!

Forgot to say, Your insurance co. will need to be informed and will re issue your certificate!

Edited by Mk3iain
Quote Tags added

yes you are correct on the way to licence a vehicle

get it mot and insured on chassis no

take to a local dvla office with full certificates and they will give you tax disc and plate form plus a revised mot certificate and a few weeks down the line a new registration certificate

that is what happened when i took documents to brighton for the old landrover

Thanks folks.

Oh, by the way, will I need to fill out one of the big V55 forms? I had to do that for a Fergie tractor many years ago.........

This ex-mil route is a first for me, I usually just pull them out of hedges and restore them!!

Even then they are still registered for the road though!!!

Just posted a letter off to B Vehicle Records, lets see what comes back.

If it was based at the Thatcham Pool, the thing could have been anywhere and everywhere or just sitting at the back of the lot for years! Time will tell............

Alec.