new purchase

greyhound32122

hello every one

yesterday i went to the Cameron auction as i have been looking at buying a WW2 truck for some time know. so i thought it would be worth travelling to the auction to see what the trucks would make so to get some idea and after the short wheel base diamond t cargo went for £5400 i was surprised how cheap it was. when it came to the 969 wrecker i thought i would have ago at it and i guess i got carried away as by the end it was mine!

hopefully it will be home later in the week and looking forward to using it as it will be useful for moving are collection of steam engines and lifting various items around. i would like to take it out to shows like War & Peace but are there any other shows perhaps more south west area were i could take it? as it is a vehicle i would rather drive to events than lowloader.

diamond t 969.jpg

regards sam

hi david

any kind of event were i would be welcome to bring the T to i am interested in. the plain invasion sounds good as i only live less than 20 miles from the plain. but i am interested in anything really my thinking being if it is close enough to drive to then that's half the enjoyment for me.

cheers sam

Hello Sam, why not pop down to the Pig & Whistle in Melksham on the first Tuesday of the month, the West Wilts MVT meet there and organise a couple of shows in the area e.g Lacock at War and the Wiltshire Armed Forces & Veterans Celebrations in Trowbridge.

Nice wagon you got there, do you know what the weasel went for?

What steam engines have you got?

Kyle

hi kyle the weasel made £8500 not including the 5%premium and there was no vat on it, the La France made 14k with no vat or premium and the 2 other T's in the sale made £5400.

i own a Fowler road loco works number 8669 built for the Boer war, which i am half way through a major restoration. the rest of the collection is on are webpage roadsteam.co.uk

cheers sam

Hello Sam, why not pop down to the Pig & Whistle in Melksham on the first Tuesday of the month, the West Wilts MVT meet there and organise a couple of shows in the area e.g Lacock at War and the Wiltshire Armed Forces & Veterans Celebrations in Trowbridge.

hi john that sounds good what sort of time do you meet there?

Hi Sam

I was looking through one of my DT books ( TM Tankograd Technical Manual Series Diamond T 4 Ton ).

I think the photo of the 969 on the first page bottom left is yours, i might be wrong but the reg looks like yours.

Just thought you might be interested.

Hi Mal

were can i get a copy of TM Tankograd Technical Manual Series Diamond T 4 Ton? it would be useful to have the manual and would be nice to see the photo.

cheers sam

• 4 months later...

hello kyle yes the weasel is for sale i went to buy a dodge wc54 she bought the weasel as i said and then we bid on the dodge we went up to £8200 and let it go a phone bidder bought it for £8400 it was not the best the moulding along the side was a bit of wood and the rear wings were rubber but anyway we bought the weasel still pleased not going home empty handed , but a situation arose and somebody was not very happy:-D the weasel is a beaut very original usual norweigan lights etc 3200 miles hand held spotlight radio equipment new canvas good tracks but whats it worth ,i honestly dont know, charlie