Bob Podesta

Bob Podesta

Most of that 34 BT ** were civilian vehicles used undercover in N.Ireland at one stage.

Although the identity of 34 BT 57 AFAIK has not yet been established.

The group 00 BT 01 to 49 BT 99 is allocated to receipts from other services. Poss ex-RAF?

(Incidentally I own 27 BT 68 & 27 BT 95)

34 BA 57 would be a Ferret Mk 1 from 1951, contract no. 6/FV/4267. There were no Ferrets as far as I know with BT numbers, but I suppose it could have been changed. I can't imagine a Ferret would make a very good under cover vehicle!

There were no Ferrets as far as I know with BT numbers, but I suppose it could have been changed.
What were the numbers of the RAF ones? Did they retain their Army numbers or get RAF ones? Just wondered if they were on RAF census then if they went back to the Army if a BT was feasable. But even so they probably wouldn't bother. In the past I've seen a number of Army CVR(T)s with RAF 'AT' ERMs

I can't imagine a Ferret would make a very good under cover vehicle!

Yes, probably not although the RUC had 11 for a little while.

Clive,

We have an RAF regiment Spartan, 48 AT 14. When it went to the army they didn't change the number. I've never seen a photo of a Ferret with a BT number, or even an AT number though.

I've got the RUC book open now :)

Chris

Clive,

We have an RAF regiment Spartan, 48 AT 14. When it went to the army they didn't change the number. I've never seen a photo of a Ferret with a BT number, or even an AT number though.

I've got the RUC book open now :)

Chris

Most of the AT serials were allocated to Airfield construction equipment, I thought, so AT seems to me to be a bit odd for a Spartan Reg. ( My Antar was 40 AT 81)

Hi All,

I have recently found a ferret in a scrap yard, unfortunately a lot of the parts were missing and I am doing it up. The number is 34 BA 57 and it is a runner.

Bob

Hello Bob

Hi - Sorry I could not help with a pic of you ferret , but welcome to this friendly place!

Jim