Mini Problem any ideas people

paulob1

When i first got the 432 from Marcus it started first hit of the button, every time...but now, after just a few times in use and after just a few weeks its taken to turning over a good deal before she will start, I usually have to try for a few minutes and then stop, and go back and have another go after say 5 or 10 minutes...any ideas...she has a full tank of fuel, and seems to have no air locks to the fuel filter in the hull...could it be the fuel pump getting weak, or maybe a weak battery, (doesnt seem like it) but if I charge the battery up for a wee while it seems to help, or is the pause between the first attempt and the second attempt...

The manual mentions a sticking solenoid on the fuel injection, anyone had any experience of this?

Sounds like it could be a sticking fuel shutoff solenoid. There is a cover on this which you can remove to check if it's working. These are a common problem on 432s, I was going to swap one but I discovered it was just a damaged wire, so you might get lucky too.

Sounds like it could be a sticking fuel shutoff solenoid. There is a cover on this which you can remove to check if it's working. These are a common problem on 432s, I was going to swap one but I discovered it was just a damaged wire, so you might get lucky too.
Chris. When will your own site be up and running again??. I went on there to have a look at some of the other restorations,

A page popped up saying "url not found"

The link in my signature still works ok, I did have some problems a while ago but it should be working now. I haven't updated it in a while, but the gallery has some new photos in it.
Thats what i used. Typed in some of the vehicles i wanted to look at,clicked go,and the formentioned page popped up.

Yes it seems more likely than fuel at this stage as the fuel seems to be getting through nice and clean,, how do i get to it...is it behind the main inspection panel...and what do I do if it is the damn thing, are they readily available...or do i take one off my spare engine...and await a replacement...

The fuel shut off solenoid is the device with the red insulation tape on the conduit. This was like this when I got it and it worked ok, I think it was a wiring fault fixed like this in service. The engine only had 80 hours on it. The other 432 had a loose wire inside it, again low hours engine.

First remove the cover plate (3 nuts at extreme left of photo) and see what happens when you try to start the engine. If it doesn't work, stick your finger in there and push it up, it should hold in place. If this fixes it I'd take it apart and see what you find. I bet you can get it to work ok. As for spares, I had one, but when I didn't need it I sold it on. There are always people looking for them.

Chris

IMG_2313.JPG