Beccles Airfield

mick garner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi Mick G

I`m in the process of rescearching all the Battle HQ`s that were built in the UK, I had Beccles down

as demolished, could you send me a flash earth link or where`s the path link to the location.

I`m building an online data base and I hope to have it up and running in a few months, this has been

a 3 year on going project.

Cheers Mike

Here's a few, they aren't great, I thought I had more pictures left over. It was literally right off a main road, even back in 2006 they were beginning work on whatever's there now so the buildings have long since gone! Back then the control tower was in a terrible state, massive cracks in the structure itself, and parts of the outer 'balcony' had fallen off.

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

861ca1f5.jpg

Hi Mike,

To be honest this is really taking me back, I was probably only about 10 when we photographed some of the site, dad wanted to get some pictures before it was demolished. Though I can't remember where it was in relationship to the roundabout, I remember it was literally right beside the road. No more than 20 feet away. I will have to ask dad to see what he can remember, he went there a couple of times.

Regards, Lewis

• 11 months later...

Hi mike

Can i use your pictures of the Battle headquarters at Beccles in my web data base?

Cheers Mike T

Hi Mate

if you could ask for me that would be great, locations of these things are all ways

a little hit and miss, so any help before I go over there is always a bonus.

Cheers Mike