Nick Matthews T236

Hi folks!

Here we go,I have a Canadian Dodge T236 WC 52,I think,Feb/March, 1944.

It is an early 'Wide Bodied' version,6ft 11 1/8" wide,no cut out in the side of the bonnet. It has evidence of having had a snorkel retro fitted, and the removed at some point.

I have all data plates,except,of course the delivery date plate. I have looked at a lot of T236 sights, but would like to learn more, correct bonnet numbers etc.

Having just completed a trouble free Normandy tour, I would appreciate any help or web sight addresses to establish date of manufacture, as I have a new date plate to stamp!

regards Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am still struggling with info, will take pics soon[ rolling restoration though!]

Has any one else got a 'wide' bodied Canadian T236 dodge out there?

Earliest I can find is A 1,000-1,500 plus later than mine and all 1945?

Found some info stating that about 2,300 were made, and then re-called to have the bodies narrowed because of air freight problems in C47's, but mine escaped this.

regards Nick

Well my/Berts Dodge site, or Maple Leaf Up are your best bet for info.

I don't know anyone who will admit to knowing a lot about them, a few still survive in Canada and the Norwegians sold off a few from reserve stock too. Although you can get a copy of the build card for any US Dodge of this period from Chrysler Historical I've heard that all the Canadian production records went in the bonfire, but with a build quantity as small as that you should be able to narrow it down

One for the Maple Leaf Up Forum, softskin section, definitely.