Yet more Normandy Pictures - sorry

It wasn't a moment of madness, it was a deliberate and planned event, so that we could send some pictures over to some veterans in the US.

I can always restore them again if i need to.

If the Diamond T had been able to make the turn to get on to Omaha beach that day, and i hadn't been 2 drivers down, i would have had all 5 thundering down the beach. That's what they were built for - be a shame if they lived all their lives behind glass screens and converted to battery power to reduce pollution. A bit of salt water and sand won't kill them - they were hosed down afterwards and 'greased' out.

As an aside, i do get through a fair bit of WD40 as well....

Seeing the obvious pleasure it brought to those 29th Div veterans we met on the beach made it all worthwhile. If you've not got fed up with looking at them, i'll post some more images....

You're never far away from a breakdown - condensor went on the GMC on the beach.... And the day before, the front pipe came away from it's flange - had to weld it back. Later the Dimoand T fried it's front battery and the downpipe gasket went on the Halftrack - and finally, the jeep stopped charging.....

20090604_I7I0778.jpg

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_28471.JPG

IMG_2797.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

IMG_2726.JPG

IMG_2666.JPG

IMG_26171.JPG

n63.JPG

n47.JPG

n38.JPG

The guy sat on the half track on his blackberry was/is me, sending some images over to the US (and adding to the fuel log)..... There is another one of me being propped up by the Diamond T doing the same thing. The pictures taken in the courtyard, are at our place out there, about 8 miles south of Bayeux on the St Lo Road. In one of the earlier photos, there's me, Adam (primary volunteer driver) and No1 Son - desparate to be driver. He drives everything Dodge, Jeep, GMCs, Diamond T, halftrack around in the field, but he's 3 years off being on the road.....

Wonderful photo's .... Their your vehicles you earner the right to play with them as you want , As you said the Vets enjoyed it and isn't that the point of all the long hours or stress and strain to get to Normandy and let them run on the beach just a little bit !

I am 'The GMC Door Delivery Man' Tony, nice to speak to you again, if only in cyberspace.

Thierry and his pals came over to join us one afternoon, and we met up again on Omaha beach the following day. Curiously, he had another closed cab GMC door in the back of their truck which was on it's way somewhere.....