Greetings

Greetings. I’ve just joined the forum as I wanted to find some information on Bedford MSC in RAF use as a GS Tender. Browsing through my book collection I spotted what I assumed to be an MSC in Chas Bowyers book “Bomber Group At War”, showing some aircrew climbing into one at RAF Waddington, early in the war.

To give you some idea of my background, I’m ex-Army, learned to drive on TKs at ASMT (as-was) Leconfield before spending most of my career in BAOR, initially as a Driver/Signaller Groundcrewman before moving up into aircrew positions.

Back to the MSC; can I assume that this is a rare beast? I’d be grateful if any members here could recommend a source for further information, as there’s little on the web. I’m toying with the notion of cobbling together a reasonable facsimile using a suitable chassis (MW?) and K- or O-type cab.

I’m currently in my retirement job in the North Atlantic, so rushing down to the local library isn’t going to be an option for a few more weeks, so if there are any good pictures on t’internet I’d be grateful for a heads-up.

Failing that, if I can a) persuade the missus, and b) get one down the lane to my house, I might settle for a TK – just for old-time’s sake.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Andy

Hello Yorkie370 , lots of things here to read and view. Wont be long until those with the information your searching for find your inquiry and can provide an answer or suggestion . Do you have any photo's from your days in the Service ? We all enjoy see photo's like that .

Pull up a seat in the Clubhouse bar and have a glass of your favorite when you get the chance

Hi, and thanks all for the warm welcome.

Sadly, the only photo I have from my days in DPM is a posed photo of me, a Lynx helicopter, and a number of nurses, taken on a training weekend in '94.

Despite my wife's protestations, it hangs on a wall in my study at home.:)