GMC - electric problem..still!

Jack

OK folks - we know that the GMC has an earth problem but..

Had 5 minutes to myself today so took her out for a 40 mile run:iloveyou:

In all of that time the alternator light never went off. Is this showing the fact that the alternator isn't working correctly?

Cheers!

JB

OK folks - we know that the GMC has an earth problem but..

Had 5 minutes to myself today so took her out for a 40 mile run:iloveyou:

In all of that time the alternator light never went off. Is this showing the fact that the alternator isn't working correctly?

Cheers!

JB

Light staying on usually means the alternator ain't charging. Is the belt slipping? Is the plug in tightly?? If both are true could be a dodgy alternator - get an auto-electrician to check it out for you. Diode pack couild be faulty....

If the warning light is glowing brightly chances are, assuming belt, connections etc are OK, that a lternator is faulty. If the warning light is just showing dimly then it could be just the warning light control built into the alternator that is faulty. This is a common fault and the part can be replaced cheaply by an auto electrician. I can't believe you still haven't got the electrics sorted.:nono::banghead::rolleyes:

ok, I n' did not have compris.si c' is an alternator with incorporated regulator, it is necessary to look at the size of the coal of brushes but especially if the tracks of the collector of the rotor are not creusées.sinon a replacement of the regulator and c' set out again

jack you have got to delegate it out mate

even when i dont quite know whats wrong with my landy i go and get help from friends and together work it out otherwise you just say you work and own a MANS TRUCK but know nothing about how it works

this is called being a steering wheel attendent

i always call for reme's help

Oooooh!!! Can't you just hear the announcer at W&P:

"Here comes last years winner of the Bart award in his WW2 GMC - being towed into the arena I'm afraid as he has not been able to stop it losing electrons"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Behind a PW vehicle :rofl: