Triumph TRW restoration project

Traffic Monkey

TM,

you lucky b*****d, Ive been looking for a TRW project for ages!

Give Brian Tillen a call, he is a Triumph superstar, useful bloke to know, good quality parts, excellent service, and very reasonable prices.

As for the rear wheel bearing, I use a fella down in Sussex who is brilliant on unusual bearings, he managed to find front bearings for the 5sw, and they are much harder to find than the rear bearings!

Edited by G506

TM,

you lucky b*****d, Ive been looking for a TRW project for ages!

Give Brian Tillen a call, he is a Triumph superstar, useful bloke to know, good quality parts, excellent service, and very reasonable prices.

As for the rear wheel bearing, I use a fella down in Sussex who is brilliant on unusual bearings, he managed to find front bearings for the 5sw, and they are much harder to find than the rear bearings!

G506, Tell me about it, hopefully I have landed on my feet with this one.

It's always when your not looking for one they turn up. A friend just mentioned that a collegue had one that they might consider selling and that was that. Never even heard of a TRW before so I checked on the net and thought they looked really good and sounded robust. Never even riden a really old bike before as my weekend toy is a Benelli and that's a shop job if there are any issues, so it's good to get back to basics and learn a thing or two.

Anyway, good luck with your hunt, I'm sure one will turn up......eventually :-D

Do you have any details for the guy in Sussex regarding the bearing, still struggling with that at the moment

Thanks again Chrisg, very useful bit of info on sizes

Cheers

Jason

• 1 year later...

When you get around to doing the rechroming - I would recommend this outfit

Ashford Chroming

http://www.ashfordchroming.com

Tel +44 01233 660879

They offer a complete door-to-door rechroming service for the home/diy restorer and offer good rates along with lots of help and advice - they also do real re-silvering of headlamp reflectors.

Good luck!

• 2 years later...

I just joined the group I too have a TRW 1956 . Work now in progress .

Hoping to find more information and see other TRW owners ideas and solutions .

This is a link to my intro page I have a few pics of my bike there.

Satch