Introduction

Hi all,

for the record I was a serving soldier in the 1st Royal Tank Regiment between April 1973 through to April 1986. During that time I worked as a driver, gunner and commander on a variety of vehicles relevent to Regiments role. Vehicles included Saladin, Saracen, Ferret, Fox and most of the CVR(T's). I was a Driver Mech on said vehicles and later a D&M Instructor, intially on CVR's and later MBT (Chieftain). I have been an AFV nut, mainly post war British, for as long as I can remember, infact it was my love of the Chieftain that I elected to go into the Royal Armoured Corps. If I can help anyone with my experience's with these vehicles I will only too happy. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Graham690

Welcome to the Friendly Forum , Many people will be glad to use your experience to solve their vehicle problems I m sure , Not sure on the payment plain if Tea and Cream Custards or Biscuits would be enough or a chance to get behind the wheel for those important road tests ,One things for sure you wont have long to wait before they will be looking for you.

If you should happen to have any photo's from your time in the service We all would enjoy seeing them !!!!!