Hello from Wilts

Hi there,

I have just joined after having had ex Military Land Rovers for a few years.

I currently have a Land Rover 101 and have just recommisioned a Land Rover Shorland that I will be taking over to Normandy for DDay 65.

Would be keen to know if anyone is taking other ex-mil vehicles over on the 4th Jun when I will be RVing with a Morris truck to travel Portsmouth-Caen.

Look forward to discovering the site,

cheers

Parksy

124161380933380.jpg

Would be keen to know if anyone is taking other ex-mil vehicles over on the 4th Jun when I will be RVing with a Morris truck to travel Portsmouth-Caen.

I'm going that way on the 4th, from North Dorset. I'd suggest a convoy but I guess you don't want to go as slow as a Matador?

hello and welcome on the forum of the armed green. you come or to Normandy, in which camping because I will make it tower of the coast to visit you. has bientôt.cordialement

Salut Stephane,

J'arrive a caen avec un francais qui s'appel Sebastien (c'est pour lui que j'ai fais le Shorland).

je ne sais pas ou on va camper, pour le moment, mais je te tiens courrant.

Parksy

Merçi de m'avoir répondu surtout en français.

apparement il y a 2 camps de connus un a VER/MER et un autre du coté de COLLEVILLE,si tu en connais d'autres fait m'en part pour que je puisse les visiter.

tu pourra peut etre me servir de traducteur quand on se verra.

je cherche a rencontrer un propriétaire de Scammell Pionier et explorer.

amitiée de Normandie.

Thank you for m' to have answered especially in French. apparently there are 2 camps of known has VER/MER and another of dimensioned COLLEVILLE, if you know d' of it; others made m' in share so that I can visit them. you will be able can be to be used to me as translator when one sees oneself. I seek has to meet an owner of Scammell Pionier and to explore. amitiée of Normandy

Parksy, I'm going on the 1430 ferry so will (with luck) be ahead of you.

Exocet, which ferry are you going on?

I'm camping at Bernieres sur Mer and will be visiting the Gold Beach re-enactment bunch at Ver sur Mer at some point. Perhaps we'll meet up.

for my part that will be with pleasure I would make the dimension from Ouistreham. For the little story, the son of my wife took part in the construction of the HORSA of RANVILLE and j' have a friend who restored C47 of MERVILLE FRANCEVILLE to him

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

I have just joined after having had ex Military Land Rovers for a few years.

I currently have a Land Rover 101 and have just recommisioned a Land Rover Shorland that I will be taking over to Normandy for DDay 65.

Look forward to discovering the site,

cheers

Parksy

124161380933380.jpg

it was a pleasure meeting you and your friend tonight, and what a lovely shorland. and the pub we had a drink in is my local so next time your passing pop in and we can have a beer hope your trip to normandy goas well:)

Thanks for the welcome!

Flying Pig,

Good to meet you too!

The Shorland was on top form. Wilts to France no problem and then bombed around all the various areas filled with guys that reinact the 51st Highland Div.

Slightly out of era but well recieved!

Parksy