Digital manuals.

agripper

It depends what you are after but I suspect most of the suppliers of reprint manuals do have them on disc, but not for sale. Their income is based on selling hard copies on a regular basis. I can understand this as once having gone to the effort of scanning a manual they don't want disc copies to get out into general circulation where they will be boot-legged & copies run off for mates.

There are a lot of Land Rover discs out there & disc parts book for a Humber. I believe the MVT library had plans to copy manuals to disc as a fee paying but subsidised service to members. I did raise the issue of boot-legging & suggested only hard copies were sold. But the view was that if there was boot-legging then that was a risk to be taken.

boot-legging then that was a risk to be taken.

both of the 2 big ebay manual sellers do disc versions

They have simply scanned hardcopy versions which already have their "watermark" printed on the page in an effort to identify if their version is then bootlegged.

Of course the other interesting thing about bootlegging manuals is how can you take action against someone for bootlegging something which you do not have the copyright on in the first place.

Not aware that MOD has ever given up copyright to the PW manuals, so the sellers themselves are presumably just as much at risk, also leaving aside the whole issue of the statute of limitations on the "restricted" classification status of the documents which categorically forbids copying them without permission

A few years ago an Austin Gipsy club member scanned in the workshop manual as a rally freebee for club members, this has since turned up for sale on ebay, in a slightly tarted up form - fancy cover and a few photos. At the club AGM it was discused and decided that club members could have copies for the cost of postage. We did think about putting it on ebay for 99p to undercut the £15 version, but couldn't be bothered in the end.

I had planned to share with anyone else who needed to view the digital manuals, in the hope that if enough of use had bought small amounts then collectivly we would hold a large librey which could be used for teh benifit of all and so help keep some of teh costs down. I know it is always nice to have hard copies but Have found printing off only the pages I need to be useful .