Onan Generator

• 2 weeks later...

Yep great generators, if you want a owners manaual if you contact G & M Power at Ipswich, Suffolk they will send you a copy they are very helpfull, ( http://www.gmpp.co.uk )

just email them and they will send you a copy of the manual.Well they did me anyway. They also stock spares for the onan generators, they use to service these gennys for the MOD.I have a few spares what are you after, I have some remote leads and also some of the fixing frames that they clamp to,I also have a tool kit, and spark plugs.

Howard.

Edited by HWade

Hi Howard

I have just sent an e-mail to them.

The trouble i am having at the moment is ...

1 It will only start when the air intake is taken off an then you put your hand over the carb

2 when it runs it does not run smoothly but hunts for a bit and then dies

the plugs are clean and in good order have you any ideas?

Ian

The trouble i am having at the moment is ...

1 It will only start when the air intake is taken off an then you put your hand over the carb

2 when it runs it does not run smoothly but hunts for a bit and then dies

the plugs are clean and in good order have you any ideas?

Ian,

I used to overhaul these sets for the army, and the fuel lift pumps were often a cause of problems. Try cleaning the whole fuel system out, lines, pipes, carb strip and clean. Check the operation of the pump, the diaphragm might be suspect, modern petrol is now effecting the older type of materials.

• 2 years later...
Yep great generators, if you want a owners manaual if you contact G & M Power at Ipswich, Suffolk they will send you a copy they are very helpfull, ( www.gmpp.co.uk )

just email them and they will send you a copy of the manual.Well they did me anyway. They also stock spares for the onan generators, they use to service these gennys for the MOD.I have a few spares what are you after, I have some remote leads and also some of the fixing frames that they clamp to,I also have a tool kit, and spark plugs.

Howard.

Did you have to pay for it or was it free??

Hi All

we have just got one of those 'Portable' ? 3 1/2 Kva Onan Generators

does anyone know anything about them and has anyone got a copy of the manual ???

Thanks

Ian

Probably the CCK Onan, flat twin with various bits and pieces to suit mobile operations.

We got a crated, refurbished unit from when they closed Rosyth, £195 by memory on ebay.

We have some remote control leads, new earth spikes and one multi-genny control box.

The CCK exists in huge numbers and is used in RV's in the USA by the thousand. It's a robust lump but heavy. Most are electric start plus there's a cord start pulley. Jerrycan feed to the fairly dinky fuel pump, easily damaged!

BabcockOnan1.jpg

BabcockOnan2.jpg

I've got some books for the beast somewhere.

Peter

Yep great generators, if you want a owners manaual if you contact G & M Power at Ipswich, Suffolk they will send you a copy they are very helpfull, ( www.gmpp.co.uk )

Howard.

Hi Howard, I also have one of these, I don't know what they call portable about it, all steel and cast iron but will probably run forever... Anyway would you have a spare 3 pin plug which fits the remote start socket, or a complete lead ?