The New Tank Overhaul

longydagun

Ok so who saw it on the yesturday channel i thought it was ok

The program was about the ww2 elephant and the restoration of the tank from teh aberdeen collection. There are only two remaining exaples of the tank one at Kubinka Russia and the one featured in the program.

Watch it on the repeats when you have the chance next week its the isle of white commet boys!

Many thanks

AL

:coffee:

There is also another new (to me) program on Men and Motors. was on today at 12:30 and 1pm, called Military Motors. Was on last week also, so look like a series.

This is an old series, made (I beleive) in 2003. It is very good, but I wonder why they didn't follow it up with another series?

Money I would guess. There is a limited market for this type of subject and if you look at the more main stream programes they are also dropped with little notice. I would like to see a complete overhaul from begining to a running tank. but they seem to think this less important.

Money I would guess. There is a limited market for this type of subject and if you look at the more main stream programes they are also dropped with little notice. I would like to see a complete overhaul from begining to a running tank. but they seem to think this less important.

Yes, I agree. I think it is also the reason that Channel 4 stopped 'Salvage Squad' - too expensive.

Pity really.

Yes, I agree. I think it is also the reason that Channel 4 stopped 'Salvage Squad' - too expensive.

Pity really.

Salvage squad was my most favourite program on tv. Richard Jupp, who owns the farm where my donor Albion is kept; did his utmost to get my Albion tipper accepted as a project. They asked quite a few questions about it, but the series ended shortly after and we then found out that they weren't making any more. :-(

I saw some of the tank overhaul programmes and found them absolutely fascinating. Didn't see very many of them though........... I'm pretty low in the pecking order for the choice of shows in our house. :-(