HMS Endurance piggy back

BIGREDONE

Just arrived in the Solent today after the "hittting a rock" incident on December 16 last year off the coast of Chille, Endurance was towed to the Falklands, before being hitched on to a heavy-lift ship for the long journey north back to her home-berth of Portsmouth.

P1110543.jpg

P1110542.jpg

Paul

Edited by BIGREDONE

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

What is it with our captns these days,its about the worst sin you could do as a captn,i dunno the youth of today.

That is unless your names Andy and you get rope around someone elses propeller,got a phone call today its confirmed,thats 8 hrs anti fowling:rofl:for you,punishment detail.Bernard and Tony said it should be more :-D

Well they do rely on Sat Navs now! Incdentally a guy at the local boot sale has an almost complete set of wartime British Costal charts for £50. Hie late Farther in law was coaster captain. Some have the courses marked- with compass points. the reason it's a nearly complete set is I've got the English Channel Mid Section with the Channel islands for £2.50

What is it with our captns these days,its about the worst sin you could do as a captn,i dunno the youth of today.

That is unless your names Andy and you get rope around someone elses propeller,got a phone call today its confirmed,thats 8 hrs anti fowling:rofl:for you,punishment detail.Bernard and Tony said it should be more :-D

Noooooo ! Not more scraping ! Any pictures of her coming out mate ? :-D

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Noooooo ! Not more scraping ! Any pictures of her coming out mate ? :-D

Video of the journey when i get round to it,take some out of the water this wk end.:-D

Just arrived in the Solent today after the "hittting a rock" incident on December 16 last year off the coast of Chille, Endurance was towed to the Falklands, before being hitched on to a heavy-lift ship for the long journey north back to her home-berth of Portsmouth.

P1110543.jpg

P1110542.jpg

Paul

Nice photos! But I understood that the flooding was caused by a faulty seacock and not by unintentional contact with a landmass.