1963 BSA 24 volt, 300 watt, Charging Set.

More taxpayer's money down the drain. This battery charging generator must have cost Mr and Mrs. Drongo quite a few quid at the time and then, subsequently, had very little use. It's a high quality piece of kit with a plywood base, cast aluminum fuel tank, tool kit, spare carburetor, plenty of classy brass fittings and it's very own little canvas tent. Sighted today on a rare appearance outside of it's wooden crate.

DSCF0799.jpg

DSCF0800.jpg

DSCF0801.jpg

DSCF0805.jpg

DSCF0802.jpg

DSCF0809.jpg

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Very nice,i once used the cord pull to drive a 16 acr alternator mounted on a board,:idea:it worked but it couldnt handle max amps.was a bit dissapointed.:(

Very nice standard Chorehorse Generator produced in various voltages from WW2 untill the 1960's.

I assume you do not have a source for more?

I just have this one that I've owned for around 10 years. It maybe heading for eBay, along with another WD generator, to help pay for the new lorry den I'm hoping to build later this year. If I do decide to sell it I'll let you know. Thank you for you comment.

• 2 months later...

There are 12V 24V and 30V versions, all with electric start.

These were originally produced by The OMC (Outboard Motor Company) or Johnson, and by Pincor Gen-E-Motor in a version specific to the WS No 12, which was a US Army field radio set with 60 mile range.

We have a few BSA's and two Pincors here. Just did a deal for a 30v BSA genny with a WWII museum in a place called Best, near Eindhoven. Then also sold my larger 110V DC 4kW Petter genny set and a couple of spare engines.

http://www.wingsofliberation.nl

They have the most fantastic radio room, with lots of restored WWII radio gear, a couple of C-47's, a MIG-21, F104G and a large storage barn full of WWII vehicles, and a couple of guns. There's a Sherman tank on the approach road.

Peter

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a canvas cover for a BSA 300W charging set.

Also a drawing with the dimensions or pictures of it will help.

Besides that I also need a canvas cover for my 19 set.

And also drawings or pictures will be of great help.

Any info is welcome

Wim van Snippenberg

The Netherlands