Tunbridge Wells - Sun 19th July 2009

Hi all.

I am attending the Wings, Wheels and Steam Show at Tunbridge Wells on Sunday 19th July 2009 being held at Groombridge Place Gardens, Groombridge.

As it happens, I shall be camped up at Beltring for the 2009 War and Peace by this date so it makes sense to attend this show as it is only up the road so to speak.

I have approached a few HMFV members who I know will be camped in the Hop Farm for the big one so we can convoy to this show. I am planning to convoy from The Hop Farm at 0900hrs.

It is the usual one day local show but should be a good day out (here's hoping for decent weather). The event is being run at two locations with the vehicles and steam engines at Groombridge Place and the Spa Valley Railway operating a steam railway service (just for you Grasshopper) over a five mile stretch between Tunbridge Wells and Eridge.

For those who will not be at Beltring, vehicles have to be in situ for 1100am. The show times are from 1000hrs - 1700hrs.

All vehicles attending the show must register in advance. Entry to the event is FREE of charge to any owner / driver plus two passengers.

To register and obtain an entry form please contact the following:

Jill Todd (Events Manager) - 01622 813888 or 07831 123987 or e-mail jtc001@btinternet.com

Markheliops

Jack / Joris - Can we have a War and Peace Show 2009 board and this included. Thanks chaps.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be up for that Mark, looks like Ash & Harry will be coming with me as Lee has volunteered to watch the camp.

Excellent -

We must be able to get someone else to watch the camp - I am sure there will be other green owners around who will not be going.

Tina and Graham (Scammell) will be on site. If they do not go to the show we could bribe him with beer, etc.

Lee / Ian. We should be on site long enough to find some willing volunteers.

Funny - I was just thinking the same thing - be an interesting sight for all those attending from the W&P location. Would the Kent Police be OK with us doing that??

During W+P the kent police are well used to convoys of MV's on the road.

I don't mind being last, as I have a convoy number plate and super amber lights.

During W+P the kent police are well used to convoys of MV's on the road.

I don't mind being last, as I have a convoy number plate and super amber lights.

I would suggest depending on the number attending from Beltring small sized packets would be ideal with a wrecker at the rear to deal with breakdowns.

Hello Mark,

we would like to visit this event. Please keep us informed if you organise a convoy.

Piet

No worries Piet.

Looks like I have found a job then!!!

In true HMVF I shall organise convoys nearer the time when I know how many vehicles are involved.

Jack / Joris - how is the 2009 War and Peace board coming on.

Markheliops

No worries Piet.

Markheliops

We already have it... just not been renamed yet... please post this years W&P stuff under 2008... we just rename it each year...

Cheers Lee

No worries Piet.

In true HMVF I shall organise convoys nearer the time when I know how many vehicles are involved.

Markheliops

Hehehe,......nice one, Mark. :)

No worries Piet.

Markheliops

Heh - any one upsetting mark between now and then is likely to find themselves ahead of me & little Maud in one of the convoys!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: