DUKWs on Instow beach.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Didnt know where to put this any more news on a video thread instead of HMTV.

I think we need somewhere to put odd film like the above,i know we have the u tube section,but wheres best for this stuff i think people are missing it.Any mods care to comment .cheers CW.

Super stuff did any of you scroll to the bottom and press return, it brings up a load of different films all with the same theme. Lets be honest images as rare as these need to be released on a good quality DVD i for one am going to try and contact the company i am sure there will be hundreds if not thousands of MV buffs who would purchase a copy well found CW

I think we need somewhere to put odd film like the above,i know we have the u tube section,but wheres best for this stuff i think people are missing it.Any mods care to comment .cheers CW.

Interesting point, CW. I have never been one for watching these films myself, but I agree they appeal to many forum members. I think for the time being we need to insure that we keep adding these links through the forum but wonder if there is mileage for a listings section for them somewhere on the site so people can find them easily. This would need someone to keep it up to date. I am not expert on the ins and outs of maintaining the likes of HMVFTV so will not comment on that aspect because I know f'all. I welcome input from the Mods who are the brains in this respect.

MB

Super stuff did any of you scroll to the bottom and press return, it brings up a load of different films all with the same theme. Lets be honest images as rare as these need to be released on a good quality DVD i for one am going to try and contact the company i am sure there will be hundreds if not thousands of MV buffs who would purchase a copy well found CW

Cheers Les.i probably spent a couple of hours trolling thro stuff then this turned up.thats why we need to make sure at least the link is not lost.

What i am sugesting is only a single place where these links can be kept.

The tube spot is ok,i dont put stuff on u tube.We need one place to put

links to our videos other than u tube.And allthough Lee said in a previous thread he thought it should be vehicles only i cant agree it shouldnt matter if its someone telling you how to make a wartime cake with powdered egg or the day uncle fred now 62 married an 18 yr old.

You either choose to look or you dont depending on your interest.

If the video or link is buried in a thread you are not following you miss it.but if it is also in a link only section you might just be interested in the film whilst choosing not to follow the thread.I dont know the inns/outs of the behind the scenes forum but cant see you need anyone to run it or wouldnt of thought it took up a lot of room.Just a thought but i dont see the point of spending all that time finding things of interest if its not easily seen by the members.:idea:

The other clips are fasinating. I need a bigger computor screen at work to watch them :cool2:

Glad you liked them Chris, worth the effort then:-D

Just started watching again ,the argosy .well i have been out in some rough weather but getting out in the surf would of had me making buttons.brave ;lot. and a pioneer at the end for our scammell friends.Never heard of an Argosy anyone know more?

Just started watching again ,the argosy .well i have been out in some rough weather but getting out in the surf would of had me making buttons.brave ;lot. and a pioneer at the end for our scammell friends.Never heard of an Argosy anyone know more?

Argosy built by Morris Commercial / Nuffiled and powered by a Nuffield built Liberty V12, 340 bhp as in Crusader and Centaur tanks. 9 ton payload, twin 2 foot props. Only built prototypes, in 1942

Watching the various amphib trials,what did the matador tow out ,if it is a mat?I like the tantalising quick shot of the amphib jeep at the end The more i look at this film the more i think its a lot more important than first glance.

Argosy built by Morris Commercial / Nuffiled and powered by a Nuffield built Liberty V12, 340 bhp as in Crusader and Centaur tanks. 9 ton payload, twin 2 foot props. Only built prototypes, in 1942

Cheers Richard.cw.

Watching the various amphib trials,what did the matador tow out ,if it is a mat?I like the tantalising quick shot of the amphib jeep at the end The more i look at this film the more i think its a lot more important than first glance.

Ther are some very interesting shots on those films CW, a real piece of history. Brilliant find. Thanks John.

What a fantastic collection I wonder if they can be downloaded so I can grab some stills ??

Ted, on the web page, play the video and stop it at the point you want to make a video still.

Press the "print screen" button on your key board, and paste in MS Paint or any other picture editor software. Hey presto!

limelight churchill.JPG

Would that be the shot of the Mat pulling the radar trailer, i love the items with the 19 RB crane that jib put up with a lot of strain and take a look at the second film on the left on the second page looks like the craft is giving continued birth to endless Loyd carriers and Dingos. There are some funny moments on this one, how much kit was ruined during all these trials