i need help

flyingp

hi gents.. i got my humber pig 26BK38 flying pig ,,with raming bars from a guy in darbyshire., it was advertised on millweb. .. i went up there with a friend to look at it , and drove the pig and everything was fine, when the pig was delivered at a cost of 600 quid , she sounded like it was on tracks. as we all know the axal is broke,,,has any one seen or heard of this as i have lost all the sellers details.. reason a friend of mine has recently looked at it and said who ever changed the gearbox had also had the axal apart,?? same colour gasket sealer..?? .. plus when i bought it he sayd it was all good and all axals where fine.. i had to buy a prop shaft from clive.which was missing. i love my hobby and enjoy the people i meet. but this guy i got the pig from had me over.... but i have lost all the details of the seller.... i havnt taken action as i have had a dads worst nitemere with my daughter. i wont go into details but as the most of you have kids .. you will get my drift. but if anyone can help. it was advertised on millweb last year.. and thank you for your help... and never expect justice will be done by the laws of this land, the state of this country now. i know my grand parants who fought in the 2nd ww would not be happy with the way this country is run and acting at this present time.. if i offend enyone it is not intentional but it is the way i feel,and i hope the poeple of this fine land realise what a country we are ... once THE EMPIRE... now england... i prefere the empire.. take care gents and salute queen and country

Was the prop shaft fitted to the Pig when you drove it/bought it? It sounds like the axle was u/s so the prop shaft was removed to hide it. I don't know what you can do about it now, it was sold as seen with no warranty some time ago. Best of luck with finding the parts to repair it.

Chris

the pig came from buxton , to portsmouth, but when i drove it up there on the test drive, she drove fine,, and there was no propshaft from the rear axal to the front axal,, it was sold as seen but the guy shook my hand and said she was good, so i took a gentlemans word, ... i feel robbed. i might be hot headed and bad temperd at times but if i shake your hand its a case of gentlemans honour.. something this country seems to be loosing. i have taken her to a few shows and the response has been fantastic and i must admit im proud to own the old girl,, she is different, im just upset that theres no pride and honesty left in this country. sorry if ive offended anyone, but sometimes things have to be said.... take care gents thanks for the help

thanks for the replys gent,, its good too know there are a few people left who feel the same way..THANK YOU. and . clive you have been a graet help with all that you have done for me .. thanks mate,, hopefully she will be done . buy the end of feb .. hopefully. and thank you. willyslance &commander. safariswing, and sirhc.... hope top see you at the next show. and buy you a beer.,, take care gents ..onwards and upwards.. hopefully

Hope you get all your problems sorted soon & get up & running again .

Just for comparison it cost me somewhere around £4-500 to get my Unimog brought down to Colchester from Withams at Grantham when we bought it . So £600 Buxton to Pompey doesn't sound out of the way - I expect somebody will be along shortly to tell us we were both ripped off now !