Amphibious 432 ?

antar

Whilst visiting a well known MV yard on the west coast of Scotland a few years ago I photographed this vehicle can anybody shed any light on it. It did apear to be 432 based but had steerable propulsion units sticking out of the back. It also had a chain drive mechanism across the top of the hull presumably somthing to do with changing direction in the water. I asume that it is still there as the owner of the yard has changed the focus of their buisness towards vehicular support on wind farm erection sites.

2009_0131TCH-Lincoln-mount-mo0004.JPG

2009_0131TCH-Lincoln-mount-mo0005.JPG

2009_0131TCH-Lincoln-mount-mo0006.JPG

2009_0131TCH-Lincoln-mount-mo0007.JPG

2009_0131TCH-Lincoln-mount-mo0008.JPG

Whilst visiting a well known MV yard on the west coast of Scotland a few years ago I photographed this vehicle can anybody shed any light on it. It did apear to be 432 based

Looks like it might be one of those weird and wonderful feasabilty projects that were done at FVRDE Chertsey (later MVEE and RARDE). I know of a Carrier that was converted to hydraulic steering by that place, it may not have been intended for that actual model of vehicle, but was for testing the principle of the design. I visited many years ago, and there was a Cromwell or Comet in there being used for a test bed.