Historic Military Vehicle Breakdowns

Cara

Well i'm another that has jumped the Roadsure(premium choice) ship this year. I had my quote come through for the 101,Jeep,and Ferret at £602!!wtf.gif I took a policy out with FJ. All three with an agreed value. Cost £213. Result. I only need to get break down recovery for the Ferret now.Neil did say use the breakdown recovery firm that roadsure were using.You can get cover with them direct according to Neil.Next job on the list.

I pay Natonal Breackdown £120 a year for personal cover. They are quite happy to have the Dodge. In fact on the one ocasion I did need them to it, a flat batery, the agent was so happy to get a'proper' truck to play with, 5 minutes to re start it and then anbot half hour playing with her. The 101 is covered by Roadsure curently at £54. Being a 3 tonner she is outside National unfortunatley.

On a slightly tangential point...

I was in a national car club years ago.

They had a scheme that you could sign up to, with offers of assistance in case of a breakdown.

There were several levels of assistance from, "I am an expert with a garage", through to "Tea & Sympathy" whilst you wait for assistance. A cup of tea and local knowledge can be a great benefit!

I realise that this is open to abuse, full of leagal B.S. these days, but it might be worth some discussion.

Just a thought here guys. For those vehicles that can be recovered by a suspended tow.

An idea springs to mind. It's so obvious, thats probably why no one has bought the matter up. :idea:

The amount of restored Recovery Vehicles owned by members on this Forum is quite large.

Why dosent' someone look into the possibility of offering a service using their own Trucks? It would be cheaper on a One-off basis, or run a standard price Plus so much per mile? :)

Just a thought, but the idea of all this magnificent vehicles restored & simply just driving around carrying empty hooks is a bit of a waste! :-(

Just a thought! :coffee:

Only reason my late brother bought our first Explorer was so that if the Militant broke down we would get home! Ten years later, and both have always made it home under their own steam along with my own Explorer for the last 4 years.

Always happy to help any MV owner on way to, or returning from shows, IMPS Bethune trip etc. Just for fun and not for hire or reward. We've towed all sorts from 1940's Hillman to 1980's Crusader tank transporter with T34/85 on the trailer, although the latter only 400 yards before the air brakes came on and slowed progress considerable, and made tyre wear excessive!

Jules