Please read - A tribute to Clive Stevens friend.

Jack

This is such a worthy piece of work that we decided to put it up on the front page in the news section.

Clive this is a wonderful piece of work and the most amazing storey - you must feel very privilage to call this anything but an 'average Joe' your friend.

On the front page - click here or on the HMVF logo......

September 6th 1943

As you sit at you home computer today and log onto HMVF, spare a few moments to remember the brave young men who 65 years ago this very day, climbed aboard their war machines in the early morning darkness, to wage war on Hitler’s Germany. Out of the countless thousands of Allied Servicemen who were fighting in one form or another on September 6th 1943, this short account will reflect upon the dramatic exploits of one combat crew and primarily one man. His name will mean nothing to the vast majority of people reading this article 65 years later, as he was certainly not a famous war hero.......but in my estimation, Lieutenant James E. Harlow and his exploits of September 6th, epitomizes every airman story who flew combat missions out of England during WWII.

Unfortunately, because we are still not fully moved back into our house (having vacated it on April 12th this year for a virtual complete rebuild) I am unable to access all of my archive photographs that should really accompany the account of September 6th's mission for the 91st Bombardment Group.

Therefore, in the interests of not letting the Anniversary of the date slip-by, I chose to write the account none the less, but include some contemporary photographs to accompany it - rather than the archive ones, showing all the crew, the aircraft and the photograph taken by the Bexhill-on-Sea Observer newspaper back in 1943.

I hope you still feel the story worthy of inclusion, even without the crew pictures.

Whenever I'm having a bad day at work, I think back to the plight that the crew of 'Mizpah II' found themselves in 65 years ago and realise that my problems of the day seem pretty insignificant!

Edited by M5Clive