hello

Brooky

Just thoght I'd introduce myself. Been looking at HMVF for some time and thought it was about ime I put my two pennorth in.

Been around preserved vehicles for more years than I care to mention!! Have owned (amongst others) GMC with workshop body, Morris MRA1, Bedford MW, Leyland Hippo, Morris Commercial CS8, Scammell Explorer, Bedford O Type, also used Austin K9's Bedford QL's and Commer Cab Fords for work.

Present wheels are a series 1 Land Rover long wheelbase Station Wagon. To earn an honest bob I am involved with LGV driver training, and operational support to the logistics industry so if I can help with driver licencing and vehicle testing plating etc give me a call!!

Hello Brooky and welcome to the Friendly Forum from the Politburo of Moderators. I hope you get as much pleasure out of HMVF as many of us do. Some are here for punishment and others are here because they think we have a troupe of Dancing Girls. It's a bit like It Ain't Half 'Ot Mum, but without the heat and various other things. Our founder and leader, who knows a plank when HE sees one, is off stitching together a few old tents somewhere on the Jurassic Coast. We all know a fossil when WE see one.

Let's see if he bites.

MB

Welcome Brooky - sorry that my fellow members can't be serious for once and act their age.

Anyway make yourself at home and we will be in the Clubhouse tonight as Wedensday nights is the night we get Richards old game of Twister out :cool2::cool2: it should be fun!

AHH twister now best played in HVMF coveralls with lots and lots of GO , MO and finely aged greases from all the Forum vehicles along with the hull drainings of the Stollys and Armoured vehicles < thats gear oil and motor oil > liberial powered over all the players to help them slither and slide to reach their marks ........Left foot green , right hand blue let keep it going !!!

Oh and Welcome to the Friendly Forum Glad to have you aboard Brooky !

Welcome Brooky, all those British vehicles, feel free to share any pix and info, you must have loads in a drawer somewhere!

When I get a minute I'll post some photos, as a newcomer where would be the best place?(did I forget to mention I also once owned an FWD HAR01)