Spruce Goose on display in Oregon

N.O.S.

Not sure about it being at Disneyland, but yes, the Goose moved from its original home in a dome in Long Beach, California, near the Queen Mary. It travelled north to McMinville, Oregon. Its size is beyond comprehension until you see it. We saw it during our Honeymoon in 2000, while they were still building the new display hall. To give you a slight idea of the size, for those who know a little about aeroplanes, each propeller is the size of a Pitts Special wingspan, and the tailplane on the Spruce Goose is about the same span as the wingspan on the Avro Vulcan. An engineer can walk down the inside of the wings to work on the engines in flight!

Steve

Not sure about it being at Disneyland, but yes, the Goose moved from its original home in a dome in Long Beach, California, near the Queen Mary. ....... An engineer can walk down the inside of the wings to work on the engines in flight!

Steve

Steve - yes I should have said that the dome was owned by Disney Corp who wanted it back (as per the article on the website I posted). That bit of info about working on engines in flight is just amazing!!!

Tony

Not sure about it being at Disneyland, but yes, the Goose moved from its original home in a dome in Long Beach, California, near the Queen Mary. It travelled north to McMinville, Oregon. Its size is beyond comprehension until you see it. We saw it during our Honeymoon in 2000, while they were still building the new display hall.

Steve

I went to see it on my Honeymoon too! Hang on, i am not married to you am i?

Anway, when i got to Longbeach there was just a big empty dome. Talk about dissapointed.

Tim (too)