War Wheels 16/17August

Degsy

Anybody going to War Wheels at Oswestry this weekend? All being well I will be there with the jimmy friday afternoon, all welcome to a cuppa or something stronger if you prefer. Anyone that hasn't been to this show previously, it usually gets a good turnout of vehicles but has suffered badly with the weather the last two years so this year there is no public admittance only vehicle owners and MVT members. See you there hopefully.

Hi Degsy.

Yes we will be at War Wheels. The Hippo will be there on 'new' rubber. Just wrestled the last one on tonight. On my own I should add!! The Hippo is in it's 25th year of preservation and still is as much fun to drive now as 25 years ago. My daughter might take the WC51 aka the 'Grey 'un' (US Navy) depends on what she is doing. She used to travel in a baby seat when I first restored the Hippo. Eeh it meks me feel old to see her drive the Dodge. Mind you I am .... See you there.

Phil P and 'er indoors.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Anybody going to War Wheels at Oswestry this weekend? All being well I will be there with the jimmy friday afternoon, all welcome to a cuppa or something stronger if you prefer. Anyone that hasn't been to this show previously, it usually gets a good turnout of vehicles but has suffered badly with the weather the last two years so this year there is no public admittance only vehicle owners and MVT members. See you there hopefully.

The same old exscuse for me i am afraid.boats.but have a great day.:-D

We should arrive sometime on Saturday afternoon. You can't miss the Hippo it's got 6 wheels. I hope the ground isn't muddy I've used 2 cans of tyre foam! Anyway one doesn't do off roading. We're British. We leave that to the J**ps.

Phil P.

Had an e mail tonight from Pip Robinson SBC Area MVT. There's 40's 50's & 60's music in the hall but no bar so take your own brain anesthetic.

Thanks Phil, I did know as I noticed it when I got my entry confirmation.

Looking at the weather forcast, take a SNORKEL!!

Yes I am already developing web feet expecting gills any time soon, it's p.....g down again here now. Just shown the rainfall totals for this year on the 'box', June and July well above average but a lot less than last year, August already nearly 50% up on the total for the whole month last year and no prospect of it settling. Somebody upstairs must be permanently on the p..s.:-D

Got back from show tis evening, very disappointing turn out of vehicles, probably due to weather forecast which turned out to be more or less correct, very heavy rain started about 3.30pm Saturday, carried on for nearly 12 hours. This show normally attracts upwards of 150 vehicles but only 28 turned up on Saturday, some departed Saturday night and a few more turned up on Sunday. I sympathise with the organisers after all the work put in to get such a poor turn out of vehicles.

Edited by Degsy

I decided to go on the spur of the moment. if it had been raining in Stoke when I got up sunday, I wouldnt have gone!!!

Incidently, I photographed every vehicle there,roughly 39, like you say, shame there wasnt more, but after last year, when they said it wasnt on this year, I think people made other arraingements, a pity, like you say Degsy, they usually get a lot more vehicles, not neccesarily a lot more public though.

Lets hope it is on next year, and better weather!!

Mark