WLA - expensive?!

Jack

I always look at the prices of the BSA M20's in the CMV and you tend to look at the other ads too.

Is it me or have the Harleys Davidson WLA gone through the roof in regards to their price???

I always look at the prices of the BSA M20's in the CMV and you tend to look at the other ads too.

Is it me or have the Harleys Davidson WLA gone through the roof in regards to their price???

They see you coming :cool2:

wot o jack, way back in may 1942 opposite my grandads farm is a 60 acre wood where a regiment of canadians were camped they were always on the scrounge for extra food, one day they came round with a lorry and in the back was a brand new WLA still in its crate wrapped in wax paper and another crate of spares the sargeant said would keep it going into the next century for this they only wanted 3 chickens, 2 dozen eggs some veg a bag of spuds and 50 quid

needless to say my gradfather did t take up the offer :cry: and im not riding around on a WLA (hindsight what a wonderful thing )

regards graham

I'd love a WLA,but the practical choice would be an M20.

So Jack are you going from ten wheels to two?

Matt.

No chance! The GMC has already been claimed :sweat: but have been looking at the M20's for while. My last bike used to do 0-60 in 3.1 seconds :shocked::shocked:

Graham,

Have you dug up the wood yet, might be some bits and pieces buried there. Will bring my shovel :)

wot o richard,

shortly after the regiment went to dieppe, grandad said they took heavy casualties and they never came back to the wood, after they left my dad looked around and only found a crowbar and an axe which i still have and a few empty boxes

regards graham

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
No chance! The GMC has already been claimed :sweat: but have been looking at the M20's for while. My last bike used to do 0-60 in 3.1 seconds :shocked::shocked:

I would of thought a flying flee was more up your st.:rofl:

an M20 won t do that in 3.1 minutes :rotfl:

regards graham

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

IF you want to experience a WLA,just have a ride on a modern Harley,nothings changed,yesterdays technoligy today.

This M20 which is on Henk Joore's site at the moment has been clocked at 112 mph (it has been slightly tweaked and was running on dope).

index0874530uf9.th.jpg

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/ahum/

By the way Graham, if the Canadians had a WLA, wouldn't it have been a pinched one ? Didn't they use WLCs ?

I have the impression that all girder-forked bikes have increased in price over the last year or so. Sadly, Harley is probably the only Allied manufacturer of WW2 motorcycles with a name known to those under forty years of age. THe Hollywood tough guy impression probably helps their popularity as well (it's certainly not for their off-road performance).

This M20 which is on Henk Joore's site at the moment has been clocked at 112 mph (it has been slightly tweaked and was running on dope).

I had a standard M20, pannier frames, etc, the footrests are quite low, and not the best to go scratching around Brands, but good to try it out on a sound road surface. Used to go there regularly for shows and once, they had a military event, it was foggy and the air display was canceled so they told us to keep circulating the track, began to get a bit bored in the end :-D

I have been thinking about buying a WLA for a couple of years now (its the thought that counts) and the posted ad prices have been fairly stable around 8K. I have been watching M20 prices as well and over the last 6months they seem to be rising fairly rapidly.

Its possibly the cost of fuel which is pushing it up plus the big WW2 dispatch riders bike meet planned for Normandy next year.

Im still considering an M20 or Norton 16H but would have to sell my Hotchkiss to do it. I may look to part ex it, any takers

Centurion

• 6 months later...

I live in Western Canada ,.So my collection is 1941=3 Canadian vehicles .I bought a 42WLC at a auction a couple of years ago .It sold in $1000 bids .I have just about got it restored and am glad to be done with this one as the prices are out of this world .More so for the Canadian byce as there is fewer of them .Only 270 we left in Canada .I see WLAs sell as WLCs because the WLCs brings more money .The clamps for the tire pump sold for $416 US .No recession there . The Canadian soldiers like the Brithish motorcycle best as they were easier to handle . George