Bletchley Park Idiots

carrier barry

Been reading in the press about the state of Bletchley Park.

How qwickley they forgot how they asked the MT volenteer section to leave 4 years ago.

This collection was one of the best in private hands. The section was well run and run some fantastic shows. There was no reason to throw the MT section out. Now the garages and work shops still stand in a terrible state of disrepair.

The Mt section survived and is running out of a farm in Luton

I was under the impression that they threw out the MV lot to sell the land for houses to fund the rest of the site for the future. If they have done it and left it all empty i find that remarkable. I used to go to Bletchley every year, but since there are no MV's left i have never been back. They did not support us so i am reluctant to support them. A shame when they have such a wonderful site with amazing history. Very sad indeed.

Tim (too)

I was under the impression that they threw out the MV lot to sell the land for houses to fund the rest of the site for the future. If they have done it and left it all empty i find that remarkable. I used to go to Bletchley every year, but since there are no MV's left i have never been back. They did not support us so i am reluctant to support them. A shame when they have such a wonderful site with amazing history. Very sad indeed.

Tim (too)

It turns out the buildings that were sold are listed.There have been some questions raised over the sale. As far as things are going, I know they were due to purchase some more objects, but that has dropped through. There were negotiations last year that may have resulted in some of my kit being displayed there, then again, the goal posts shifted, and that fell through. Personnally I think it will close. The current trustess are like sand in a fine Swiss watch.

I spoke to some of the volunteers there a year or so ago. The removal of the MT wing is regarded by them as a big mistake. While selling off the land/buildings put money in the pot, the vehicles were a big crowd puller.

I think its under new management now, but unfortunately the buildings are now in other hands, so there's not the space to bring it back.

Are the garages and workshops still there anybody got any pictures.

Gordon Beale and the MT section are still together with most of the vehicles. We all meet regular in Luton.

Barry, I used to know Gordon quite well when he had the OX artic. Is my old Martian 10 ton GS OSU 809 still with the group?

Mike

So who are the trustees? i would of thought that a site of such historic importance should be in the hands of the Imperial War Museum, or at least National Trust if its the buildings they are concerned about.

If they can save a ropey old POW camp and turn it into a successful and informative museum (Eden Camp), how come they cant get a site of well known historic importance up and running properly.....unless they are inept and small minded....ah question answered!

Option one applies follow the £ signs. The site is privatley owned and worth a fortune, hence the intrest in the stable block for re development.

The company that bought them own them, but now can't change them as they are listed so stand off.