NEWS - Factory brings World War II jeeps back to life

Jack

MDJ have been supplying these parts for quite a while now. I wonder if that enquiry from China was to compete against them. Interesting that they wont supply engines. Is making replacement engines a viable project? If so, how much should they cost and are there any legal implications?

I understand that there was a quality issue with MDJ replacement tubs for a while. Has anybody fitted one? I bought some MDJ bumper gussets and they rusted up so quick it was quite frightening.

Tim (too)

MDJ have been supplying these parts for quite a while now. I wonder if that enquiry from China was to compete against them.

I was thinking the same as well Tim........

The Chinese guys are still asking me for a nut and bolt rebuild to to be shipped out to them - think they would be pay big £££

Will be tricky....

On the other hand, if you have a WWII chassis with chassis number you can add all new components to it and you will still be able to register it as a WWII vehicle. Brings back the old restoration vs rebuilt argument.

Theoretically it already is past that point - a good look round the shops at W&P will show you that you can buy most of the parts to build a 'new' WW11 Jeep but without the plates & identity of an original to ascribe to those bits it couldn't be registered as such . It's the grandfathers broom syndrome .