hello all

Hi,

just came upon this forum by accident, Ive decided now that im 45 that I am going to get myself a Jeep (though by some of the comments on this site I probably wont stop there wife permitting!) been a avid world war 2 history buff for many years and Im sure I will get many of my vehicle questions answered here

As a mere stripling let the old fogies give you some advice, buy a Dodge! Apart from that welcome to the club, beer biscuits and Maricgolds will be coming your way soon. If you do persit in your mad ideas, this is the place to get help and advice, some of it even useful.

Ahhh the dreaded O.D. Fever it starts when your a Yoof and continues to fester and Grow stronger with each year at first book's ,dvd's and magazines hold it at bay at first but at some time the itch to get some really O.D. a vehicle takes hold take you time to find what's right for you ask questions opinions gather the facts then plunge in to ownership !! thats the way to go .

Oh yeah Welcome to the forum step right through the doors to the club house most are at the bar so come in for a sip of your favorite beverage .

Hi Garry,

Welcome, to as you've already mentioned,......the FRIENDLY forum.:-D

Where abouts are you based,.......never know, there may be a likeminded group of idio :cool2:, I mean enthusiasts just around the corner. :shocking::rofl:

All the best,

Andy

Welcome Garry - you don't really want a jeep you know....they're very common after all - and they all landed first on the beach at exactly the same time on D Day . Follow the advice of the sage ones - get yourself a Dodge....hopefully getting mine before too much longer . :-D

Wecome Garry

Snowtracdave is a man if taste and distinction... listen to him...

I was gona call him STD but that'd be wrong :(

Your 'park n ride' pass from the jeep section of the clubhouse carpark to the bar is being processed

Just

Empty

Every

Pocket

I'm thinking that at least those vehicles mentioned that ARN'T jeeps, can be slept in when at shows;............the idea of taking a vehicle and kit to an event, and having to put up a tent..........:???

Also, for the amount of wonga jeeps seem to be selling for, at the mo,.....a decent WC,........or BRITISH 15cwt :-D can be had.

My crew cab Mog used to live in your part of the world until I imported it to the heathen south . Last worked in what the owner described as the biggest hole in Scotland - Tighnabruaich was it ?

yes its Tighnabruaich which by sea from where i live on the coast is not to far but by land a long long road!

I'm thinking that at least those vehicles mentioned that ARN'T jeeps, can be slept in when at shows;............the idea of taking a vehicle and kit to an event, and having to put up a tent..........:???

Also, for the amount of wonga jeeps seem to be selling for, at the mo,.....a decent WC,........or BRITISH 15cwt :-D can be had.

its something that I would need to find out more about, my ww2 british military vehicle knowledge is lacking but as you say price wise it may be a route to go, dont know though I look at the jeep and it just looks "right":-D

Welcome aboard! In the end it does not matter to us what vehicle you get, as long as you do!

VERY TRUE,................in the end, tis a friendly bunch of folk, in the main, who'll be around you at shows, etc........:-D

All the best,

Andy