Refuelling at W&P

ArtistsRifles

Here's a question - probably got a simple answer but it's eluding me right now:

How does one go about refuelling vehicles at W&P that are not permitted (i.e. not registered with DVLA for example) to go out on the public roads to a filling station? As I recall the rules and regs for the show state that:

No transference of fuels to be carried out.

which I assume to mean no refuelling from jerry cans???

Yeah - thought of that Chris - only thing I can think of right now is getting Ken to pull Rex's low-loader into the Thurrock services after leaving Dunton and pump some in there. Nearest filling station to the Hangar at Gt Yeldham is about 5 miles away - and same problem, no registration or road tax so no usee roadee!!! :)

What wouldd be a nice idea for future events would be getting sponsorship from a fuel company and having a mobile dispensing unit on site supplying fuel at cost + inevitable taxes. Don't suppose it'd ever happen though!! :)

Neil everyone (someone will say not me guv) does re-fuelling on site most of it from jerry cans no doubt, do you think they all take their gennies off site to the local garage to fill up, No. so as long as you are discreet cannot see it being a problem, no excuse I know but thats the way it is.

OK lets hear it.

Neil,

Why can't you just fill up from jerry cans in the storage area before leaving.

The sooner you buy the fuel the cheaper it'll be!

Chances of getting a mobile fuel depot anywhere would be about the same as the price being halved. Health and safety and all that. Most of the bio-fuel places selling from industrial units have been closed down, close to here, due to the stringent regulations on fuel and spillage.

Neil,

Why can't you just fill up from jerry cans in the storage area before leaving.

The sooner you buy the fuel the cheaper it'll be!

Chances of getting a mobile fuel depot anywhere would be about the same as the price being halved. Health and safety and all that. Most of the bio-fuel places selling from industrial units have been closed down, close to here, due to the stringent regulations on fuel and spillage.

Basically a lack of jerry cans - all mine are in my Stalwart down with RR in Kent - and also lack of time. Latter sounds daft but I still can't move that well so the missus or daughter would have to be with me - one is working and the other is celebrating end of A levels and getting her Uni place.

Be so much easier when (note positive thoughts here) I can get the OT registered and taxed!!

Neil

On second thoughts with the OT and a Stolly to feed it may be better to get an account with a fuel company and get it piped straight into the relevant tanks!

I wish I could!! :):):)

Anyone got 4 or 5 jerry cans available to borrow so I an try the on-site - but - off-site refuelling process???

(Be SO much easier if DVLA would just register it!! And if could get time away from the dratted kitchen install to try out the Sidcup office!!)

Oh what a nice man!!! :yay::yay:

When can I pick them up please sir?? Might be going over on Sat to see if the keys are ready (if not then the custodian has a VERY early start scheduled for Tuesday 8th!!)

Tuesday morning between 10-11am at the Bunker any good :???