Stupid Question

Grumpy

Question

9 answers to this question

Go to Edit Options in your Control Panel and set you Date/Time options

Done thank you - never had to do that at the old place - other stupid question, why does a UK based forum default to a time zone in Brazil - oh look time for tea again

My employers gave me a brand spanking new ThinkPad and all the software I needed. I was happy. The only problem was that my Lotus Notes Calendar never ever notified me of calendar entries.

Everything in Windows said the time was correct and I struggled and struggled to solve it.

Then I discovered that Notes had its own time, which defaulted to USA Mountain Time. We eventually came to the conclusion that some bright spark in Software Development and Fulfillment in Boulder, Co had decided in his infinite wisdom to hard-code a default time in all the Notes templates, etc, that they shipped, to HIS OWN local time. Turns out my meeting notices were happening after I had gone home.

Glad that was fixed in the next release.

Grrr!!!

My employers gave me a brand spanking new ThinkPad and all the software I needed. I was happy. The only problem was that my Lotus Notes Calendar never ever notified me of calendar entries.

Everything in Windows said the time was correct and I struggled and struggled to solve it.

Then I discovered that Notes had its own time, which defaulted to USA Mountain Time. We eventually came to the conclusion that some bright spark in Software Development and Fulfillment in Boulder, Co had decided in his infinite wisdom to hard-code a default time in all the Notes templates, etc, that they shipped, to HIS OWN local time. Turns out my meeting notices were happening after I had gone home.

Glad that was fixed in the next release.

Grrr!!!

Last job involved the process of building a car in a virtual environment - i.e. on a computer screen in 3D, System we used imported data packages from the Digital Buck where the designers stored the component drawings - said import was scheduled to run every night. For two days a major assembly failed to appear in the import list and I was pulling out hair trying to work out why the import was failing. By a mere chance I happened to glance at one of the file spec's that was failing and noted the release date - 2207. Some bozo designer had put the wrong date on the release field. Could quite happily have murdered the idiot in question!!!